Chapter 22

When Barry returned to Star Labs, Iris noticed the look on his face.

"Everything alright." Iris asked.

"I think we might've finally gotten your dad on board about the man in yellow. Apparently seeing the Flash was enough to convince him." Barry said.

"That's great Barry." Iris said.

"Yeah, but Iris, if we really want to get his help with this, I think we need to bring him into the fold." Barry said.

"No. Barry if my dad found out I was Phoenix he'd never talk to me again." Iris said.

"Iris, I think that if he knew that his daughter was saving people as a hero, he'd be proud. Besides, you know that considering the fact that you live with him, he's going to find out eventually. At least if he knows he won't get suspicious." Barry said.

"Let me think about it and we should also wait until Kara gets back, since this would involve revealing her identity to." Iris said and Barry nodded.

"Also, I put the idea in his head that he should start dating again. Any chance you could help nurture that idea?" Barry asked and Iris grinned.

"Absolutely." Iris said.

In addition to his various other tasks, Cisco was also running facial recognition for any traces of Firestorm in in Central City, though one thing he'd noticed remembering from this new timeline was that Caitlin never dated Ronnie. If anything, they'd had a secret betting pool going on at Star Labs on how many times she'd have to turn him down before he finally got the message, though he'd never bothered to ask her why. Maybe after he was done with his side projects, he finally would.

"What is it you're working on now Cisco?" Wells asked and Cisco had to count to ten to make sure he didn't tip Thawne off before turning to face him.

"It's a quantum splicer." Cisco said as he showed the design to Wells, who looked very impressed.

"Impressive. Though would you mind if I made a few adjustments?" Wells asked.

"I was hoping you would, but I wanted to make sure it was viable before I showed it to you." Cisco said, since while his design was good, he had to admit that while Thawne was an evil backstabbing bastard, he knew his tech.

"I'll see what I can do." Wells said as he wheeled away, leaving Cisco to return to his work, which was now focused on finishing the mirakuru cure and he was close, considering he'd already done it once before as he heard Barry enter his workshop.

"How's it coming?" Barry asked and Cisco knew what he was talking about.

"It's almost ready." Cisco said.

"Good, because Kara is calling me every five minutes it feels like asking for an update on it. She's getting more and more worried for Alex by the day." Barry said and Cisco nodded.

"Well, if it weren't for the fact that now Caitlin is helping me, though she thinks that the formula I've been working on so far was provided by Argus, this would be taking a lot longer." Cisco said, since they'd both agreed that they needed Caitlin's biochem expertise on this project, they just needed an excuse for where Cisco had already gotten the work he'd already finished done and they, along with Kara and Oliver had decided that Argus was the best cover story.

"Well, at least there's that. And what about the calm?" Barry asked as Cisco produced another vial.

"This was the first thing I started working on after the explosion, though once we've found them, I'll need Caitlin's help to refine it a bit more." Cisco said.

"So that instead of simply neutralizing the matrix, it'll allow only one of them to hold it." Barry said and Cisco nodded.

"I'm hoping that Iris's DNA can help with that, since she has similar powers, it might act as a stabilizing agent." Cisco said.

"Good work." Barry said and Cisco nodded, right as Caitlin called for them to come to the Cortex.

"What's going on?" Barry asked.

"A man, Quentin Quale, was just attacked by a meta with very similar powers as me." Iris said as they showed the news reports.

"Do they think it was Phoenix?" Barry asked.

"No, thankfully there is surveillance footage of the actual attacker." Caitlin said as she pulled it up.

"Any chance we can get a look at their face?" Cisco asked as he and Barry shared looks, wondering if this was what they thought.

"Hold on a second. Here we go." Wells said as they saw the face.

"Is that Ronnie?" Cisco asked.