Chapter 92

"Cisco, what is it?" Barry asked as he and Kara entered the SuperFlash cave, which was currently abandoned aside from the three of them.

"Okay, so I've been keeping tabs on the usual conspiracy websites, which have been surprisingly helpful with us locating metahumans, but anyways, check this out." Cisco said as he pulled up the article he'd found.

"Cisco, this stuff is fake." Kara said.

"Not this one." Barry said as he saw the article Cisco had pulled up. The birdman of Central city.

"How do you know that?" Kara asked.

"Because we knew him before in the other reality." Cisco said.

"You've got my attention." Kara said.

"The bird guy's name is actually Carter Hall and it's Hawkman actually and he's actually the current reincarnation of Prince Khufu of the Middle Kingdom." Barry said.

"Okay, after everything that we've seen, including this new reality, that doesn't even sound crazy to me anymore." Kara said.

"It's a long story, but you know how the middle kingdom in Egypt experienced a high level of meteorite activity?" Barry asked and Kara nodded, since she'd done a lot of studying on Earth's ancient history when she'd first arrived in both realities and it already sounded like the Greek Gods and amazons were real considering she'd met Wonder Woman.

"Well, three of those meteors were actually technology from the planet Thanagar." Barry said, since Professor Stein had brought his team fully up to date on what they'd learned.

"I heard stories about that planet. Apparently the native thanagarians tried to wage war against Krypton. They lost." Kara said.

"Good. But anyways, the meteors destroyed the royal palace and killed Prince Khufu and two others. His lover, priestess Chay-Ara and the high priest, Hath-Set." Cisco said.

"What does that have to do with anything?" Kara asked.

"Everything. The radiation from the meteorites, it somehow tied their life forces together and mutated them. Hath-Set had killed Khufu and Chay-ara shortly before the incident, but in doing so, it created a pattern with the radiation. It caused Khufu and Chay-Ara to reincarnate each time after they die and it gave Hath-Set immortality, though it was limited." Barry said.

"How so?" Kara asked.

"Hath-Set, or as he's known in the present day, Vandal Savage, has keep killing Khufu and Chay-Ara to absorb their life essence in order to maintain his immortality. It's a cruel cycle." Cisco said.

"And you think that this birdman is the current incarnation of Prince Khufu?" Kara asked.

"I know it is because I vibed it. It's Carter. He's emerged with powers." Cisco said.

"So, do you have any idea of what he wants?" Kara asked.

"My guess is that he's looking for Priestess Chay-Ara, in every lifetime, they're drawn to each other and fall in love." Barry said.

"That's tragically romantic." Kara said.

"Yeah, it's not as romantic as you might think, since apparently, they can't love anyone but each other." Cisco said.

"Okay, moving past that, since you know who Carter is, I'm guessing you've also already met the next incarnation of Chay-Ara?" Kara asked.

"Yep and she works at Jitters. Her name is Kendra Saunders and it will be much harder to convince her of all this." Cisco said.

"So what's the plan?" Kara asked.

"First, we find Carter and convince him that we're on his side and then we help him get through to Kendra so she can emerge and then we help them both end Savage once and for all, since we already know how to do it." Barry said.