Chapter 8: Long Walk With Purple-haired Scum

Yuto was oddly quiet. Ok, maybe Yuto wasn't oddly quiet . . . but hey, being in a coma for 2 years doesn't help.

Sora didn't want to believe that he had been in a coma for two years. But his body felt bigger, his legs and arms were longer, he was much taller than before. How was he even alive? Had . . . Yuto fed him? . . . . . . Pfft, haha! Yeah right . . . wait. Sora looked down. He had new clothes?! Who had been taking care of him?!?! He was wearing a black t-shirt (totally his style) with long, faded gray pants, and black sneakers. His light blue hair had been washed, and it was longer than before. His hair reached his stomach, and with a black hairband that was in his wrist, he shamefully tied his hair into a long ponytail.

So many thoughts hammered inside his head, like a tornado that swallowed everything. He didn't remember anything about his life, except that he was a Duel Soldier in the Academia, and a certain red and green haired boy, which was the only thing he remembered about him. Even if Sora was a Duel Soldier, and the Academia's goal was to conquer all dimensions, he didn't particularly feel like eliminating them, nor did he feel like saving them either. He didn't even know who they are, and was curious about their intentions. Were they going to kill him to get revenge? Probably, but then Sora had to fight, and he really didn't want to bother himself by doing so.

After waking up, Sora hadn't been feeling normal. He felt weak; the result of not using his muscles after 2 years. He also felt kind of sad . . . he didn't remember anything of how he came to be in that alley. It was frustrating, not being able to remember. Know what else was frustrating? Yuto. The guy was not friendly at all, and they had been walking for almost an hour now. Sora just woke up from a 2 year coma, he couldn't walk that far!

<< Ugh . . . that Yuto . . . doesn't tell me anything . . . . ? >>

"Are we there yet???" he asked with a groan.

" . . . "

<< That bastard! Is he ignoring me? >>

"Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there—"

"If you don't shut up, I will literally leave you here to die." Yuto spoke in a monotone voice.

"Tch . . . fine. Don't tell me then." Sora said, blushing at his embarrassment. He thought of imposing a threat, but he knew he had nothing to threaten him with. He was weak and useless, he couldn't even fight if he wanted to. Then Sora remembered the tomato-haired guy.

     "Yuto? Do you know something about a red and green haired boy?" Sora asked. Yuto stopped.

"What?" he said, not looking back.

"You heard me. Answer honestly if you know . . . please."

Yuto turned to face Sora. "No." He turned around and continued walking. "We're here."

"Wha—" There was a huge building before them. It'd have at least ten floors by glance. The only thing was . . . It was broken down. Windows were shattered and huge pieces of cement were missing, leaving big holes everywhere. This was very awkward for Sora; he had helped in infiltrating that tower.

     "Are you coming?"

     "Huh?" said Sora. He realized he had spaced out while staring at the tower.

     Yuto expression was slack, but there was a hint pf annoyance in his lips. "You heard me. Stop. Staring." As they continued to walk inside, Yuto suddenly stopped. "By the way . . ." He faced Sora.

     "Do you regret it? Taking away lives of billions of people? Making us suffer?" Yuto cold dead eyes bored into Sora's.

     Sora wanted to say he was sorry. He did feel guilt seeing what he had done to what once was a happy place. However, for some reason, something held him back. He didn't know why; he hated the Academia anyways. So why? Why didn't he want to apologize?!

     ". . ."

     "Well, I suppose you don't . You haven't been through a quarter of the pain we've been through. Despite the pain, us survivors make ourselves stronger. You're lucky that I found you, and not— um, the others . . . You asked about a red and green haired boy, right?"

     Sora felt hopeful. He thought if he just found the red and green haired boy, he'd be freed. Free from— wait he forgot he wasn't supposed to think about it. He had to find the boy no matter what, or Sora's future would be dark. "You know—"

     "He's dead."

[Ah shoot. I realized that I forgot to put my little note at the end of the chapter! Silly me. Anyways, this chapter, as you've noticed it's a little "interesting." Hehe. Sorry. ]

The question for this chapter is:

What are the names of the four dimensional boys?

In the next chapter, Sora is going to encounter a very special someone...