II • Dresses & Sneakers

Comment and Vote
831 words

§

"I am not wearing 6 inch heels Lilia!"

"Why not?" Lilia pouted. "These heels are cute... and expensive!"

"Because I don't want to fall on my face, babe." Millie giggled, running a hairbrush through her dark hair. "I don't even want to go with you guys; I'm only going because the next episode of Riverdale isn't out yet."

Sadie stuck her head out of the bathroom door, a strand of her red hair wrapped around the curling iron in her hand. "It's a stupid show anyways." She disappeared back into the bathroom as she let the curl fall.

"Is not!" Lilia and Millie shouted in unison, followed by giggles.

"Mills, your dress is in my closet, it's the blue one," Sadie called from the bathroom.

Millie nodded and opened Sadie's closet and pulled out the navy blue dress. She turned her back and slipped the dress on, the navy dress hugging her body. Millie turned back to see Lilia dressed in a white dress with black detailing and her black heeled boots.

"What shoes are you wearing Mills?" Lilia asked as she began to do her makeup.

"I'm not wearing those fricken heels, Lils. Can't I just wearing sneakers or something?"

"No you are not wearing sneakers to a nightclub." Sadie said strictly, walking into the bedroom with her red hair curled and a black dress hugging her frame. "I forbid it."

"Okay mom." Millie giggled and lightly did her makeup at Lilia's vanity mirror.

"How are we even going to get there?" Sadie asked, pinning a strand of her hair back. "Lils, you said you'd get us a ride."

Lilia sat on the edge of her bed. "And I did; we're borrowing my brother's car," She couldn't stop the smirk from forming on her lips.

Sadie squealed, "We're borrowing your brother's convertible?"

Lilia laughed, "Yes we are. But we need to leave now before he gets home. He's out with some girl named Chloe."

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's go!" Sadie smiled and slipped the strap of her purse over her shoulder. She strutted out of the bedroom and down the stairs with Lilia following. "I call shotgun!"

Millie sighed and slipped on a pair of Lilia's black sneakers. "I'm so going to regret this." She sighed and followed the sound of a car's engine being revved in the driveway. Millie slipped her phone into her purse and opened the back seat of the car and climbed in.

"Lilia please don't kill us," Sadie pleaded as the roof of the convertible came down. "I seriously don't want to die."

"Calm your shit," Lilia sighed, reversing out of the driveway. "I have my license and I've driven a car before."

"In a parking lot." Millie muttered, fastening her seatbelt tightly.

"Oh shut up, we'll be fine." Lilia smiled as she began to drive down the road as Sadie turned on the radio. Moments later, Lilia parked the car near of a tall building with rap music blaring out of the speakers around the area. "Alright let's go. Remember, act like a bad bitch and act like you're famous."

"Easy; I do that on a daily basis." Sadie replied before getting out of the car and walking towards the open doors.

"Come on babe," Lilia smiled at Millie before climbing out of the car and following after Sadie.

Millie sighed and climbed out of the car, following after her friends and slipping inside after the other girls. Sadie reached down and intertwined her fingers with Millie's, gently pulling her as close as possible to the stage. The crowd began to shout and applaud as a guy with dark curls and dark eyes entered the stage.

"Happy birthday Maddie!" The guy shouted, his voice instantly sounding familiar to Millie. Finn Wolfhard. "Alright, let's do this."

Millie watched as Finn and his band mates began to play a song that instantly had the crowd singing and dancing. She glanced at Sadie and Lilia who had begun to sing along also. Millie watched Finn Wolfhard on the stage intently, focusing on his dark eyes and dark curls and his playful smile and the way his fingers expertly moved across the guitar strings. He was a good singer and was good looking in Millie's opinion, but he still seemed arrogant and just like every other person who stood in the spotlight of the media.

Soon the song came to an end and the crowd began cheering for more. "Hey guys, I'm going to go outside for a moment, it's boiling hot in here." Millie shouted over the loud music and other voices.

Lilia nodded in reply and Millie disappeared out the doors and into the cool air. She walked over to the car and sat on the hood of it, soon realizing she didn't have the car keys. Millie decided to simply stay outside, enjoying the cool air and faint sound of Finn's guitar.