The past

♪“I want...to change things. I want to believe that anything can be changed. The moment I met you, a new world opened up for me. You see, after wandering in the darkness for so long, a light brought me happiness. It's all thanks to you.”♫

“Hmmmmm.. Hmmmm.. Hmmm. Hmmmmmmmm…”

“What a nice melody Yuki-san.” as Reborn tried to speak with the humming Yuki leaned comfortably on the tree. They were stranded on the island, waiting for the reinforcements Reborn and Dino had contacted from the Ninth. “I know. This is one of the songs my mother used to sing to me in order to put me to sleep.” Yuki smiled gently as she slowly closed her heavy eyelids and rested her body on the tree’s rough trunk.

“Hey mama, where’s papa?” as a tiny child cuddling on her mother’s arms asks her mother singing her a lullaby. “He’s on his way home, dear. Don’t worry you’ll see him on your birthday party tomorrow carrying a BIG present for you.” her mother smiled at her warmly, gently motioning her back and forth. The girl looked at her mother with those innocent eyes for a moment then rested her head on her mother’s chest…

“Mama...” 

“Yes, my dear?”

“Please don’t leave my side.”

“O--of course.”

“I love you and papa.” as the child gently smiled to her mother, slowly closing her eyes.

“I love you too, my dearest Yuki.” she whispered to her snoozing child’s ear.

As the child heard her mother, she slept peacefully on her mother’s arms and held her mother’s hand tightly. Her mother embraced her daughter but in the midst of the situation, an abrupt phone call interrupted. She gently placed her dozing baby in the bed and hurried out of the room.

“Mrs. Setsuna, I’m sorry but…”

“But? What’s the matter?”

“I’ll go straight to the point, it’s about you’re illness… it has worsened and we can’t do anything to help you.”

“Wha-- ?!”

“We’re very sorry.”

“[sighs] Dr. Kinoshita, may I have this one and only request from you?”

“But of course, Madame.”

“Please keep this from my husband and my child.”

“As you wish.”

“Thank you.”

As she ended the call, she tossed her phone on the sofa and dashed towards the room where her little angel was sleeping soundly. She embraced her and kept her in her arms until she calmed down. She was repeatedly apologizing to her.

She lay down near her daughter and brushed her silky, purple hair away from her face. She gently sung a sad song with teary eyes. Her heavenly yet despaired voice echoed inside the room. Slowly, the voice faded as the lady closed her tired, teary eyes and was put into silence as she slept quietly beside her most treasured daughter.

~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~

I opened my eyes and a paradise was in front of me, well more of greenery everywhere. I think I forgot what the other colors looked like, since all I could see from now and then were trees, grasses and all the stuff you could find inside a secluded jungle. If I were a goat, this is probably paradise from all these leafy surroundings. I could never ask for more. But since I’m not even near a goat’s physical appearance or something, I don’t qualify to rejoice from all this “Green Sanctuary”. I am here on under a tree, being protected by its shade from the blazing rays of the hot sun. It seems that it’s already lunchtime…

I tried to recall what happened and sadly, my brain doesn’t seem quite awake yet. The fresh breeze blew past me, letting my body feel its cool presence and my purple hair sway together in its grace. Okay now I think I need to do something important, something I can’t recall though… Why am I here in the first place?

 It seems that I have regained my strength so I slowly motioned my body and tried to stand up, using the tree’s huge trunk as support. I moved my head in order to see where that voice was coming from. It doesn’t sound familiar, doesn’t look like it came from the Vongo—OH GOD THE VONGOLA!! I forgot them!!

I immediately rushed towards where the airplane landed before, running with a faster pace than before. Wow, I think that this flame just gave me a big advantage in my running skills. I feel like I was running together with the wind, soaring through the jungle. I felt light and as if I could fly in just a snap. I ran faster and faster until I reached the destination…

“WHAT THE HELL?!”

I can’t believe this… I JUST CAN’T..