Chap. 1

4:19 P.M.

*ring ring*

"Hello, this is Chelsea's Palace, we serve vegan meal-" *click*

"Ugh. That's the second time someone has hung up on me, Jamie. I am so tired of this shift," I look up at the clock, realizing I've only been here for 19 minutes. "Ugrhhhh." 

Jamie chuckles and sighs, "Sonya, you've been here for less than 30 minutes, don't sweat it, it's going to happen at least three more times. Locals confuse this place for a pizzeria, and that's why I make you say 'vegan meals' ."

Jamie is one of those girls. It's literally impossible to irritate her, and she's always been that way, ever since missing teeth.

*Past*

"Get off the swings, me and my friends want them." A girl with a high ponytail stuffed in a scrunchie, demanded. She was older than the second grade girls that were on the swings, maybe a fifth grader.

Sonya observed from the playground, her second-hand anger made her stand up, but what could she do?

 Three of them obeyed, frowning and kicking up mulch as they leave the swing set. Her friends behind her giggled and looked at the one who remained; Jamie. "You don't scare me, and if you touch me, I have no problem with snitching." Jamie had a lisp, her two front teeth hadn't grown back yet. She looked at the girl making demands while raising her eyebrows.

"Oh, really? Well then you must already know," the girl was now walking up to Jamie's swing, coming to a stop next to one of the poles while Jamie swung back and forth, "Snitches get stitches!" When Jamie swung forward, the girl pushed her as hard as possible, sending her to the ground. Mulch scratched her back, legs, and arms.

"Young lady!" A woman shouted from behind them. 

Sonya had gotten the assistant principal and came right in time. A smart girl. She ran up to Jamie, helping her get on her feet, "Are you ok?" Sonya asked Jamie. 

Jamie dusted herself off before looking at Sonya, "Yeah, just scratched up, thank you for your help" She smiled. The A.P. was now escorting the girls to the office. "What's your name? Mine is Jamie, and that is NOT a boys name." We both laughed and laughed, and I never even knew what she meant.

*Present*  

"Girl, you already know how my mouth is, I cannot be answering these phone calls, can I please take orders up front," I whine to her. She's one of the managers and even though she is one of my best and closest friends I don't want to take advantage by just doing what I please.

"Nooooo." she points her index finger at me as if telling me to 'sit'. "If you can't handle these phone calls, those snobby ass customers will eat you alive. I had a woman throw her guac at me before, wanna deal with that?"

I sit down by the phone, defeated, she was right. I can't deal with that, I'll straight up hit somebody. "Fiiiiiine."

*4 hours later* 

She was right on point, I got hung up on three more times. Only one or two people ordered the whole day, I guess that's easy money for me. "Bye, Jamie." I give her a tight hug. " I wish you could come to the party with me. It'd make the party way more fun." She looks at the clock and frowns, "I know girl, but I gotta stay here with Ben's bum ass til 1 a.m. ."

I suck my teeth, wanting to kidnap her just for tonight. But, I give her one last hug before I start to clock out. Ben comes through the door. Another manager, but perverted, irritating, and semi-decent looking guy. He looks me up and down before locking eyes with me, "Mamacitaaa," he grins. Predictable. He says this to me almost everyday. 

"Yo you are lookin'...," he pauses, sizing me up once more. "almost as delicious as Jamie today. Are y'all competin' for me? Cussssss, you lost." he licks his lips.  

"Ew." I thought, "He thinks that shit is cute, doesn't he. Lizard looking ass." I put my hand in his face "Skrrt." I walk past him, swerving his wanna-be-cute ass. While walking out of the door to Chelsea's, I hear him whistle behind me. I roll my eyes, feeling bad for Jamie, and take out my car keys and cellphone from my work bag, dialing Damion. 

I sit in my car waiting for an answer.

 "Hello?" Damion answers with an occupied tone.

"I hope you aren't busy you're supposed to be crashing that big ass party with me tonight you better not have forgotten Damion Garfield." I say sternly, I refuse to go alone. My other best-friend, Sabrina, is a straight up homebody.

"Daaaaaaaamn, Sonya Hoax, the whole government name? I'm only washing dishes, don't worry. I won't let you go there yourself, alright?" he assures me. I sigh with relief before immediately getting pumped again, "I am so excited, I've never been to a college party before, have you? I can already hear the music, it's like..." I babble on and on.

*Damion's POV*

"...I can't believe we're doing this!" she bursts out into a laugh as I dry my last dish. Sometimes when she goes on like that it makes me wish we weren't just best-friends. I dry my hands and pick up my phone, turning off speaker. "I've been to one before but I didn't have someone like you with me."

The other end goes silent for a second. "Well, they must've been some boring mothafuckas." This time I laugh, heading to my bedroom. "Why are you so silent you were just talking nonstop." I ask, looking through my closet. 

"I'm driving dumb dumb, gotta stay focused. Do you want me to pick you up? Scratch that, I'm coming over anyway. My clothes are in my trunk." Before I can even answer, I hear music blasting outside my house.

 Lil Uzi- Money Longer : "IT DO NOT MATTER, TURN TO A SAVAGE-" I hear her screaming and I shake my head, "this girl." I mutter.