Chap. 3

*SONYA*

We reach the car and stop near the hood while I fumble through my pockets, looking for my car keys.

"Why we leavin' already? I thought you wanted to have fun?" Damion was now drunk, but not completely incoherent.

"I was just harassed for your number, over a $1 blunt. Call that fun?" I put my hands on my hips, this party is not my type of scene. He sucks his teeth, smirking. "Nah, you just mad because you have to be the D.D." He slurs, taking a sip from a red cup he'd brung along with him.

Yeah, I was the designated driver but that's not even what irritates me the most. These girls all on him, calling me a "body guard", I'm not sure why, but it makes me feel some type of way.

He stood at the passenger car door, while I got in. After taking a blunt out of the pack, I roll down the passenger's window wondering why he wasn't getting in, "The door is unlocked, fool." He looks through the window, "Shut up, how am I supposed to know."

He plops down in the car, chuckling.

"You moving the whole damn car, n*gga." I scold him and sit back, starting to roll the blunt I earned. As I break down the weed, Damion slaps his hand down on my thigh, and squeezes. "You low-key meant what you said back there, to those girls." I look up at him, shocked. He smiles at me and squeezes my thigh again, moving his hand up. I almost dropped all the weed out the blunt as I flinch, "WOAH, Damion. Come on now, don't start that drunk shit, you can handle it." My face was hot, and heart was pounding. "I am handling it Sonya," he looks down at my lips and licks his own. Flustered, I finish rolling the blunt and get out of the car, thinking of getting in the back seat. I pace back and worth, what do I do in a situation like this? Wouldn't entertaining be like taking advantage or something? But this is my best friend. I'm thinking a mile a minute all because of Damion.

I knew Damion since my sophomore year in high school. He was one of my only 3 friends. So goofy and funny, he was a breath of fresh air to be around compared to the rest of the school. Always making me smile and laugh. People always thought we dated and I never understood why...up until today.

I take a deep sigh and look back at the house party. Right on cue, thot #2 throws the front door open and points in my direction, "BITCH! YOU FUCKING TRIED IT!" she starts to run down the porch steps hella fast. "Give me back my blunt!" she continued screaming at me.

"Oh, shit."I mutter, quickly getting back in the front seat and starting the car, switching gears from parked to drive. "What the fuck is wrong with her?" Damion sits up and leans closer to the windshield. "Oh remember when I said I was getting harassed for your num-"

*BANG*

She slams her hands down on my hood, she was pretty fast. "Get out the fuckin' car!" she yells, going crazy over a number, "I will beat yo ass!" Whew chilay, I don't think she knows how straight my punches are, but I'm way too pretty to be fighting this girl, and she was too pretty to be doing this over a guy who doesn't like her. Me and Damion's eyes got wide, she was clearly doing all too much.

"Run her ass over," he suggests, putting on his seat belt. I shrug, "She'll move." I step on the gas, probably barely missing her feet. She jumps back, throwing something at the rear end of my car. I wince at the clank sound it makes, hoping my car isn't fucked up. I know I finessed a blunt out of her, but damn.

I drive off, searching for somewhere to sit and hotbox. It's dark, and the moonlight is no help.

I spot a playground, and where there's a playground, there's a parking lot. I roll around the block and find a spot, parking and shutting the car off. I huff, clicking off my seat belt. I l look at Damion, who was already looking at me. We just bust out laughing...and after that it gets silent. "Back to where I was, though." Damion reaches over to me, sliding his hand behind my neck.

I'm not sure what to do so I just get out, and into the backseat. I look at Damion, and he's just looking off into space, "Oh so you're a calm and freaky drunk, huh?" I start to light up my blunt.

"Just thinking about you. On some real shit, Sonya, why do you run from me? You've always done that, since I met you. I try to throw hints and shots at you all the time. I know you catch that, too. But you would rather keep me as a bestfriend. Is that how you really feel about me? Because that's not how I feel about you."

He admits, reclining the seat, and putting his hands behind his head. I take a hit, ignoring his statements, and question. How could he act so nonchalant? Thinking of all the times I have actually caught him flirting, I never looked at it like that, I mean he was just talking about snatching pussy. He was a joke to me, and he must just be drunk. I look at him, and he's just staring at me, waiting. "You're just drunk Damion, better quit before you embarrass yourself." I say, taking another hit. He turns away and gets out of the car, hopping in the back seat next to me.

"It would be worth it though. For real Sonya." He scoots closer, pulling my legs onto his lap. "You know, when we met all those years ago, you had a boyfriend. Yet, he couldn't handle your mouth and ya little attitude. That's why he ain't here. And that's why I'm the only male in your life." He starts to slide his arm up my inner thigh, cuffing his hand and tucking it underneath my thigh, right where my lips are. "But I can handle all of you, and I will."

My blunt is out. I couldn't take my eyes off of him and my stomach was packed with butterflies, but I felt like I wanted it. I was speechless, looking down at his lips and back into his eyes. "So you're telling me you want it?..."

"For too long." He takes my chin in his hand, kissing and biting on my bottom lip. And I give it right back, straddling his waist.

This is happening.

***I AM SORRY. I don't really know how to do intimate scenes and I'm not sure everyone would be ready to read that. If I get up to enough reads and comments, giving me the go ahead, later on I will add a intimate scene here. But how is the book going? Let me know! Don't hold back on criticism!***