Chap. 5

*SONYA*

A sudden knock on the stall door interrupts my crybaby session and I panic. I hate it when people see or hear me cry, it's like asking for unwanted help.

I grab some tissue and dry my face quickly, clearing my throat. "Occupied." I answer out-loud, hearing my own voice cracking.

"Girl, it's me," I hear Jamie's voice on the other side of the stall door. I blew out a sigh of relief and opened up, "Hurry and come in," I grab her wrist, pulling her inside before closing and locking the door again.

"What just happened with you and Damion? You looked kind of upset." She asks, leaning her back against the wall, "And what will people think when they see two sets of feet," she folds her arms.

My eyes began tearing up a bit, and I take a deep breath. The lump in my throat making it difficult to speak.

I blink away the tears, "Jamie, he doesn't remember. Anything he said, what we did. He doesn't know we had sex after we left, like skipping a scene in a movie." I look at the floor, what's worst is that I knew something was wrong.

"Well, why not just remind him, Sonya? You shouldn't just stay silent. If it were me I'd just talk to him alone." she suggests, lifting my head up.

"You don't understand, Jamie. What if it was a huge mistake to him. What if he doesn't want to remember. That would be embarrassing, it would ruin our friendship."

She folds her lips into a pout and hugs me, "Sonya, it's okay. With time he'll figure it out, that's how alcohol works. He may even want another go." she says, running her hand back and forth on my back.

I lean my head on her shoulder, "Maybe you're right."

*1 whole month later*

*SABRINA*

"She did WHAT?!" I scream on the phone in disbelief, lifting my cat off my lap.

"Yes, I know. But do not tell Sonya I told you this she would hate me for a while." Jamie pleads through the phone. My lips form a frown and I look at my cat, running to her scratching post.

"Why should she hate you? I'm one of her best-friends and she never told me anything. I should be upset with her." I protest, shaking my head. This is a straight-up violation.

"Oh calm down. And, well, she's kind of embarrassed about the whole thing, you know? Like I think she wanted to do it differently, if that makes sense." Jamie says.

Really? What is there to be embarrassed about, she's the lucky bitch. One drunken night and she has sex with Damion, the finest n*gga to ever walk around this dumb city. I've had a crush on Damion for years, and she knew that. She had to have kept this from me on purpose.

I roll my eyes, "Hold on, Jamie." I put my phone on mute.

"How the fuck." I throw my fists frantically in the air, standing up before jumping and stomping to let all this frustration out. My cat jumps in fear before running under the sofa.

Sonya always beats me to the damn punch.

*Past*

Sabrina writes Sonya and her own name in the sand before they get erased by waves, readjusting her bottom half of bikini; her first time ever wearing one. She and Sonya sat on their knees by the shore of the beach.

"Damn, Sonya, look at them!" Sabrina pointed to a tall, light-skin guy, laughing with three of his other attractive friends. Sabrina smiled towards them, "Those are the kind of guys I need to be talking to." she said, still glaring at them.

"Ha," She looked at all of them, a grin taking over her face, "I like his friends, watch this." Sonya said, tapping Sabrina's knee before getting up and fixing her bikini top. Sabrina sat still, nervous and tense, while Sonya strode their way.

Before she fully reached them, she bent down, picking up a shell.

She came to a stop in front of them, giving them an inviting smile. "Hey, I see some laughter over here, and honestly, I love your smiles. Me and my friend are kind of bored here, and we wanted some help gathering shells for a sand castle, y'all down?" she asked, looking back at Sabrina and giving her a wink for potential success, she was smooth.

Sabrina sat up more and watched, trying to give as many effortless beauty looks as possible. None of the guys paid attention, instead, they all surrounded Sonya.

"I mean, yeah." One of them says, beaming down at her, while another one nods.

The light-skinned boy looked at Sonya, and then towards Sabrina, "Yeah, of course."

*Present*

*SABRINA*

I inhale deeply and sit the hell down, un-muting Jamie, "So what's going on with her now?" I ask. I wonder if they're going to get together.

Shit. I hope not.

*SONYA*

I stare at the the clock on my bed-room's nightstand. My head was spinning and I hadn't even gotten up yet.

The room was dim with the slight sunlight peering through the window's blinds.

6:53 P.M.

I pull the comforter over my mouth, and blink twice. I can feel the eye-crust and all. Waking up like this, felt like being in a thick jelly. I slowly sit up, and slide my legs off the edge of the bed.

My skin was warm, hot even. I rub my thighs and arms before stretching a bit.

Even getting up slow made me see stars, and saliva suddenly fills my mouth. I get up and walk to the bathroom, leaning over the toilet.

The pressure from gravity weighs me down, and I'm suddenly on my knees, vomiting. My body felt weak, but heavy and dense.

I sat up straight and reached for tissue, wiping my slightly slobby mouth.

"Fuck" I grunt. I sit up and wipe my mouth more.

"Please don't say that puke means pregnant." I whine to myself, looking into the toilet.

Nothing but yellow bile. I flush it.

I go in my bedroom and pick up my keys, a trip to the drugstore is needed.