Chapter six

It was a sort of relief you felt when you sat in a restaurant with a fake ID that you had created three months before. However, what had happened  just a few hours ago haunted me.

   We're coming for you, the anonymous voice had said. Harper saw it as well, or was that just the pot? I couldn't tell, but my junkie friend that sat across from me was still silent. Therefore, I knew that she had heard the nerve racking voice.

   "Can I get you two anything?" The male voice startled me.

  It was 17-18 year old boy, a waiter. He had a mangled head of red hair and skin that almost glowed. His eyes were a crystal blue and his face was toned and muscular.

  "I-I....um..." I couldn't get the words out. I was too shaken up from the earlier events.

  "I'll take a coffee." Harper sounded much more confident than I did.

  The waiter nodded and turned to me. "And you?"

I was speechless and horrified. Even still I could hear the threatening voices and see the dim eyes of the girls staring back at me, the girls that I killed. they were my victims, I thought.

   "She'll have a water," Harper answered for me.

  The waiter gave one more suspicious glance and then jotted down what we ordered. His tall structure seemed to sway back and forth as he sauntered away.

  "Dude, what the hell? You can't draw attention to us." Harper was starting to sound hysterical.

  I shook my head, pushed my chair back and ran into the bathroom. I splashed my face with ice cold water, causing my makeup to erode and run down my face like a waterfall.

  I threw my hoodie off and began to hyperventilate. I couldn't take this, the dread of it all.

  The door burst open behind me, and my paranoia got the best of me. I squealed.

  "Bailey, chill." It was Harper.

  I fell to my knees and sobbed. My hair dropped over my face as my head hung limply. Harper slid next to me and hugged me tightly. And then she began to weep too.

  The cries descended into sniffs, and I pulled away from Harper to wipe my eyes. My face was disgusting now with smears of black streaking my cheeks.

  When I finally kept my breathing under control, the two of us made it outside to get our drinks which were already set out on the table.

  I sat down and sucked uncountable swigs over water in and slumped over in my chair.

  Harper sipped at her coffee once, but then sat it down permanently afterwards. Who could blame her? Even with marijuana, I had no appetite either.

  "Ma'am, are you ok?" It was the waiter again.

  "What makes you think she isn't?" demanded Harper.

  I just stared at him, pathetically and helplessly. There was a ton of things that would suggest that I was not ok.

  The waiter simply pointed at my forearms. I was almost repugnant. I had left my hoodie in the bathroom which left my self inflicted cuts exposed.

  My hazel eyes were left wide at him. I couldn't speak, nor could I move.

  "Ma'am?" the ginger asked again.

  "Yes....I-I'm fine," I lied.

  The not was concerned now. He just stared at me with those beautiful blew eyes.

   "Does that answer your question? The chick had a bad day. Just leave her be." Harper's voice rose. I shot her a look to settle down, and she did so.

  "I understand," said the waiter. "Can I get you something?"

  I shook my head and then lowered it. I hated that people knew about my issues, my despairs. I didn't exactly want to advertise the fact that I hated myself.

  "We'll take a bill," Harper noted more calm than before.

  The redhead returned back with a bill and Harper paid with a credit card.

   I left the place as quickly as I could, entering a rain storm. The crack of thunder erupted over us, preceded by a long streak of lightening. Rain poured down over us, soaking my clothes ad well as Harper's I crossed my arms, desperately trying to generate heat.

  "Hey, wait up!" It was the ginger again. He jogged out towards us. "You forgot something."

  The redhead handed me a hoodie, the one that I left in the bathroom. "Its the end of my shift so I thought I might do you the favor."

  I slowly reached for the hoodie and took it from his hands. "Uh..thanks."

  When we turned to our cars, the guy stepped in front of us. "Where do you two think you're going? You are in no condition to drive."

  "Excuse me?" Asked Harper.

  "Don't think I can smell it. You two are high and I'm not gonna let you drive. I'll take you home"

  "And you think we are just gonna hop into a stranger's car?"

  "The name's Brian if you must know. What's your address and I'll take you there."

  Harper and I fell silent. We no longer had a home, not one that we could go back to.

  Brian ran his fingers through his hair and sighed. "Or you could come to my place."

  "Ugh, fine." Harper was almost always rude like that.

*****

Em note: if you like my story so far, tell your friends. It is about to start springing into action this next chapter so read on dear bookworms.