Chapter Five: The Disconcerting Decision

The woman's blonde hair swished. Her face was hidden beneath a rather large black hat, and she was dressed in a Very Fancy Dress. In her hand was a harpoon gun, loaded and locked. 

"Duchesses aren't in, dear. However, killing little orphans are." 

She used a throwing knife tucked in her dress to slit the ropes holding her to a tree. 

The Baudelaires had one thing in their mind as they stood there, gaping. 

Run

The panted as they sprinted through the city, hiding behind various buildings with fading facades, until Klaus just stopped. 

"Klaus! What are you doing?" Violet cried urgently, one arm full with Beatrice. 

"I'm tired of running. Why can't we face it? Every single time, Count Olaf or Esme or anyone, at this point, chases after us. And every single time, we run away. And fires always follow. I'm tired of us being responsible for the deaths. "

Violet stared in silent contemplation at her bookish, a word which here means of literary style, younger brother.

Michelle rolled her eyes. 

"Not like I'm all for Let's go be heroic, but I would rather life an extra hour of my life." 

Violet shot Michelle a quick thank you glance. 

"Fine. But I still don't like it," Klaus said begrudgingly, grabbing Sunny's pudgy hand and running for his life. 

Suddenly, bang