Chapter Six: The Blameful Bang

Bang

The shot of the harpoon echoed throughout the tight alleyway. 

The same harpoon gun that killed the crow in the Village of Fowl Devotees.

 The same that tore through Isadora's and Duncan's notes on the VFD.

The same that shot Hector's Self Sustaining Hot Air Mobile Home. 

The same that Violet Baudelaire, in disguise as a concierge, gave to Carmelita Spats at the Hotel Denouement. 

The same that killed Dewey Denouement. 

And the same that killed Count Olaf. 

And here we are, pausing time once again to look at this extraordinary moment, stretching it out as if to never make it happen. 

See, choices made, whether bad or good, by either bad or good, or somewhere in between, will have an effect. In this case, one could say that it was Violet Baudelaire's fault for what was to come next, because she gave the harpoon gun to Carmelita Spats. 

Or it was the members of the Village of Fowl Devotees' fault for trusting Officer Luciana. 

One could even go back all the way to the manufacturer of the harpoon gun, just pinning the blame on others until there is none lift to give. 

But here, it doesn't matter whose fault it was, or why, or how, it is just my duty to report what happened. 

Poor Klaus didn't know what was coming.