Chapter 5

~ Dai's POV ~

Chaerin was swaying backwards and fell, crashing through the window. I rushed to the window as I saw her falling and she had her eyes closed. I quickly jumped out the window and I pulled Chaerin into my arms as we were nearing the hard pavement. I landed feet first on the cement and pain shot through my body, however, I wasn't concerned about my well being. I was concerned about Chaerin's. I quickly ran back inside the school with Chaerin still in my arms as I dashed up the stairs to Music Room 3. I didn't bother to stop at the school infirmary. I had enough medical training to treat her wounds properly on my own.

I pushed open the music room's doors loudly and the hosts' attention was shifted to me as I headed towards the curtained area of the room. Luckily, there was a sofa beside the grand piano. I laid Chaerin down so I could take a look at her wounds.

When she had fallen out the window, she had broken most of the glass. Therefore, there was none on me, it was just her. There was a lot of fragmented pieces of glass that were embedded in her skin. Fortunately, all the pieces weren't completely dug into her skin.

I exited the room and ran towards Kyoya, ignoring the looks everyone gave me. I was standing in front of him and he glanced up from his laptop to look at me.

"I need tweezers, cotton balls, rubbing alcohol, and a thermometer. And if someone could go get surgical needles and thread from the nurse, that'd be great. And I need those, NOW." I said, impatiently.

"And what if we don't have those or choose not to give them to you?" Kyoya asked, annoyed by the demanding.

"Then Chaerin could possibly die from blood loss and you will be held responsible for it." I said in a "matter-of-a-fact" tone.

All the hosts' stared at me with wide eyes and they quickly ran off to get what I asked for. I ran back into the curtained area and towards Chaerin.

I checked her pulse and her heart was beating normally, despite what had happened.

A few minutes ticked away slowly as I waited impatiently for the hosts to come back with the supplies. They all ran into the room and quickly placed everything on the table beside me. They looked at Chaerin in shock. Her body was covered in glass and all the pieces were sticking out of her skin. Blood trailed down her body from the deep cuts.

I quickly and efficiently removed all the glass from her body and I disinfected the wounds. I cleaned the dried blood off of her. I stitched a few wounds closed because they were the larger ones. And I left the small ones to heal on their own. After I had done all that, I checked Chaerin's temperature and it came to 39.6°C. She had a damn fever and she never told me. But, I should've guessed by the way she was acting today.

I turned around and exited the room with Chaerin in my arms, preparing to head home. As I entered the main area of the music room, I noticed that no one was there except for the hosts. I looked to Kyoya for an explanation.

"We had closed early for today, seeing as how none of the us could focus because we were worried about her." Kyoya said, looking worriedly at Chaerin's frail body in my arms. He was sitting down, writing in that notebook of his and I walked over to him. He looked at me questioningly as I laid her down and let her head rest in his lap.

"She clearly loves you and trusts you a lot. If she trusts you, I will too. But if you ever hurt her, physically or emotionally, you will have hell to pay. Understand?" I said.

"I assure you, I would never intentionally do anything to hurt her. She's the only one who really understands me. She's the only one I could rely on when we were kids. We're all each other had to help us get through life." Kyoya murmured. He stroked her hair lovingly and moving a few stray strands out of her face.

I could tell how much he cares for her and loves her deeply. I felt relieved, knowing that I could at least trust Chaerin with him.

"So what happened to her?" The annoying twins asked me.

"Well she clearly has a fever and didn't mention it to me. Or tell me that it was getting worse. We were on our way over here when her legs started wobbling and she couldn't stand straight. She stopped in front of one of the windows to try and stand properly. I noticed she started swaying backwards slightly and she crashed through the window and I had to jump out after her." I stated.

They all stared at me in shock but I just walked into the kitchen to grab some medicine for Chaerin. I knew they kept it in a cupboard because I had seen it yesterday. And they were pills. Great, just fricking great. I doubt she'll swallow these even if I say I'll bring her to her favorite ice cream parlor and let her stay up late watching horror movies. Then again, that might work..

I walked back into the music room and saw that Chaerin was finally awake. She was sitting up on the sofa now, leaning her head on Kyoya's right shoulder as she talked to the hosts who were sitting across from her. I smiled at the sight and walked over to them. Chaerin looked up at me as I approached them.

"Thanks for taking care of me, Dai. I know it's your job, but you didn't have to go through the trouble of stitching my cuts. You could've just sent me to the hospital." She said.

"It was no problem. I did have medical training for a reason. Besides, I should've prevented you from falling through the window in the first place." I said and turned to face the tall blonde. "Speaking of which, Tamaki did you tell your father? Also, I'm truly sorry for that." I said, bowing apologetically.

"It's fine. As long as no one had gotten hurt.. Well, at least not severely." He said, glancing at Chaerin's cuts.

I looked back at Chaerin. "You did not inform me of your fever. So, to prevent this from happening again, I'll need you to take some medicine." I said to her.

Her eyes widened as she noticed the bottle in my hands. "I'm NOT swallowing the pills. Isn't there liquid medicine around here?" She said, although she already knew the answer. (A/N: Chaerin kinda has a phobia about pills, but I'm completely fine with them. I just made it this way because of something later on..)

"We have some at home. Do you want to bring them over to your house?" I asked her.

She nodded and took out her phone and stated dialing a number. As it was ringing, she put it on speaker phone so I could speak if needed.

~ Chaerin's POV ~

"Hello Chaerin. Do you need Katsuo to pick you up now?" Misaki, the maid said.

"Well, yes. But may I speak to my father first?" I asked.

"Of course. Just a moment." Misaki replied. A few moments later, Father started speaking.

"Chaerin? Is everything alright?" He asked worriedly.

"Well, everything's alright now. I think maybe Dai will explain it to you when we get home.." I trailed off looking at Dai for an answer. When he nodded, I continued, "Daddy, do you mind if I invite a few friends over?"

"Of course I don't mind, dear. Are you planning on watching in the theater room?" He asked.

I looked to everyone in the room and they all nodded eagerly. "Yes we are. Could you please put Misaki and Ren on the phone for me?" I said.

"Of course" Akihiro replied.

"Thanks, daddy!" I said cheerfully.

"What do you need, lady Chaerin?" Ren, the chef, asked.

"Would you mind baking your signature cherry cheesecake for our guests? Oh, and Misaki, would you mind setting up the theater room?" I asked sweetly.

"As you wish, Chaerin." They both replied and ended the conversation.

I looked towards the group and said, "Are you all ready to meet my father?"

They all nodded and smiled at me eagerly.