Hangover

Ellie's POV

What the heck was that? I had a very bad headache. I couldn't stand up. Even a bright light hurts my eyes.

"Miss, are you alright?"

"Jenny, please close the blinds."

She immediately followed my request. She handed me 2 round tablets and a glass of water. "Miss, this is for your headache. It's aspirin."

I took the meds and went back to bed. It's weekends, thank God. I slept until noon. Jenny told my tutor that I wasn't feeling well. So all I remember is that we were dancing until Nate gave me a glass of something while Jane was out fetching some food. I sat on the empty couch and drank the glass of liquid. Honestly, I haven't tasted any alcohol since birth. The thrill of the party probably made me take this disgusting drink. Almost immediately, my vision started to become hazy. Everything started to move. There was a random girl who pulled my hand. She handed me another cup and said "drink it". Everyone around me started to shout, "Drink! Drink! Drink!" To stop the voices around me, I gulped the liquid in the cup. Next time I remember, a guy is trying to touch me and a commotion started. I think I saw Sam on the crowd. My body isn't following me anymore and after that, I don't remember anything.

I was about to go back to sleep when my phone rang. It is a video call from my bestfriend, Yazzy. She is from Canada where I used to live.

"Hey, Bestie" She greeted. And I replied with groans. "Wow, you look terrible."

"Hey, sorry, there was a party and drinks and dance..."

"And boys." She continued.

"Shut up, Yazzy."

"Oh, come on. Seriously? That boy really looks cute."

I was puzzled about what she is talking about. "What boy?"

"Oh my God. Seriously?"

"Yeah, I am."

She sent me a link. I checked and remembered the last night's event. Now I see the guy who tried to harrass me. After that, Sam arrived and pushed him away. Oh my God. This guy punched him. After that my eyes widen on what I saw I did.

"Hey."

"This isn't true."

"It is very much true."

"Oh my God. How will I ever face him again?"

"Maybe you should call him." She said. "Hey, Pops is here, I gotts go. Bye."

Great. Now I have a lot of problems. My head is still spinning. I took my phone and dialled his number. I'm about to press call when my inner self tell me what awkward thing should I give him as an excuse? This is stupid. I throw my phone on my bed and went back to sleep.

----------------

The day passed and I woke up just in time for dinner. I went down and I heard a voice of a man as he called my name.

"Ellie!"

I turned around and see my dad. "Daddy!" I rushed to give him a tight hug. "Why didn't you call me? Why didn't you told me you were coming home?"

"I am so sorry, Honey. I wanted to surprise you."

"Oh, Dad, I missed you. You and mom."

My eyes turned to an unfamiliar image of a girl most probably of my age. I removed myself from my father's embrace and immediately asked him: "Dad, who is that girl?" pointing towards her.

"Uh, that... I need to talk to you about. This is why I come home immediately." He said. I was worried about this. What is going on? "You need to promise me that you will keep an open mind. You are not a child anymore. I expect you to have an open mind." Still confused, I just gave him a nod.