Don't You Dare

Ellie's POV

Today is Saturday. All my friends have gathered today. I asked mom to give me a pool party instead. We prepared the huge infinity pool for this event. There's catering and a small hut for drinks. The pool was set up like a beach in a garden. It even have white sand around it. We set up a small basketball ring for pool basketball. Mom even ask to set up a slide on one corner. The pool is located on the second floor. The view here is so beautiful. You can almost see everything. My dad had the house remodelled after he bought it two years ago from colonial to modern.

Mom arrived home last night. She made sure everything is done before the big day. I only invited a handful of classmates but since this is highschool, I am expecting more people to come in my party. It will start at 10 for some program, etcetera. Lunch will be served earlier and more pool partying. Mom said she have a surprise for me. I wonder what it will be. Dad called this morning. He had my present delivered. It's a gold bracelet with a small Eiffel Tower attached to it. Mom hired a DJ and the sounds were set up. Only soda and tropical punch are to be served since minors aren't allowed to drink alcohol.

It's almost time for the party. Some of my classmates started to arrive. Nate, as expected, brought his harem of cheerleeders.

"Beautiful view. Nice house, Ellie." He said and gave me a high five. He was wearing hawaiian shirt and shorts. Cheerleaders being here, means the other antagonist is here.

"Hey, Bitch. Since you are throwing a party, I will make a truce, shall we?

I replied to her with an eyebrow raised, "Stay away from my line of sight and we will have peace."

"Sounds fun." She said scarcastically. To be honest, this girl is getting in my nerves. I just wanna strangle her to death.

"Hey, Ellie!" Called a familiar voice. I turned around to see the twins.

"Hey! You came."

"Hell yeah. Who would miss this girl's birthday party?" Said Jane. That made me smile. She was holding a cute teddy bear and gave it to me. "Your gift."

"Aw, that is so sweet. Thanks."

"He can't swim so make sure you don't dip him in the pool, ok?" She said, jokingly.

I laughed a bit and nodded. "Please enjoy."

Other kids started to get in the pool already. My sister was on one of the benches, reading her book.

"You should join the others."

"This is your party. I don't wanna ruin it."

"Look, I know we always fight. But that doesn't mean I hate you. I am also new to this sister thingy. And every relationship even sisters needs two to work. I don't wanna disappoint Dad, or Mom for any reasons. And they are also your friends."

She looked at me and smile a little. "Fine, if you insist."

That little conversation lightened everything. After everyone on my list has arrived, Mom went on the stage.

"Everyone, thank you for coming to my daughter's birthday party..." Her speech went on for few minutes. "And now, my baby has grown up another year. I hope you continue to grow to a beautiful and strong woman. Time for my gift, Honey." She said. I am excited. "You can go out now." As an image of a girl came out from the door. It was my best friend Yazzy.

"Oh my God. Mom, how?" I ran to her and hug her tight.

"Hey, Bestie." She said. "Your mom called me few days ago and made arrangements."

"You flew all the way from Canada? Like seriously?"

"No, I walked." And we laughed. After the short reunion, the DJ started to play some music. Everyone had fun dancing, swimming and the others started eating.