The New Girl and the New Woman

Sam's POV

Something is off today. Something is off since last night actually. Ellie called me and we chatted in the middle of the night. She is also very quiet. Usually she is bubbly and cheery. After we got to class, we were greeted by a new classmate. She came from Norway. God, why are we getting people from far away lands lately? I looked at Ellie and her face looks undescribable at this point.

"Please sit in that vacant chair over there." I heard the teacher said. She is pertaining to the vacant seat in front of me. Great! Now there are two foreign girls around me. I said sarcastically to myself.

"Hey!" Said the foreign girl. She doesn't really look very foreign. To thibk of it, she looks like Ellie somehow.

"Hi."

"Would you mind?"

"Not at all." I said and she sat on the chair. I turn my gaze to Ellie who looks really pissed. "Hey!" I said calling her. She responded with quiet look on my eyes. Embarrassingly, I turned my eyes away from her face to the window.

Lunch has come and I have to practice my moves. This year I have been aiming to join in the national skateboarding competition but I have to win the Division level first so I quickly went to the school's lounge. I rolled down every staircase and every bars doing neat tricks and kick flips and spins until I only have few minutes before the class starts. I decided to skip. I practiced some more.

"Lewis, you seem busy, Buddy." said a familiar voice.

"Hey, Donny." I called to the guy on the football team. That guy who punched me on the face last party. "What are you doing here?"

"You think I will let you go away for last time, kid?" This coward have his team backing him up.

"Donny, you know you can't do this."

"Oh, believe me I can."

Before I could dodge, two of the guys are already holding my arms. I tried to escape but no use. This guy gave me a good punch on my stomach. Groaning in pain, kneeling down on the road. He is about to punch me again when I grabbed my board and block his fist. I was so amazed how durable my board was. His friends started booing him as I see some bruise on the hands he used. He tried to get back at me by kicking me when a sound of a girl shouting was heard.

"Hey! Stop that." It was the voice of the new transfer student. "What do you think you're doing? I'm calling the police." She said gesturing her phone to her ears pretending to call.

The thugs scared went running with their tails. Donny gave me one more look and said: "I'm not done with you, Lewis."

The girl run towards me. "Are you OK?" She asked.

"Y-yeah, I guess."

"Here. Lemme help you." She said as she extend her arm to grab mine.

"You are that new girl. What are you doing here?"

"Yeah, I'm Lana. I kinda got lost so I followed you."

"You are a bad liar." I said. "There is no way you can get lost. The campus is a little far from here, you know."

She smiled a little. "Or maybe I really like to follow you?"

"Why would you do that?"

"Can we just keep moving?" She shrugged the issue. "You need to go to the infirmary and have those wounds checked."

I gave up and followed her lead. I still limp from the punch earlier. I just hope no bone broke from that encounter.

Lana went to the infirmary with me. I told her she can leave but she insisted on staying.