Battle of Fairy Tail

The Harvest festival was coming up and once again, Fairy Tail was going to be a part of it. Every year, there's a Miss Fairytale Beauty Contest hosted by the guild. That's when it all went south. The contestants were Lucy, Mirajane, Cana, Bisca, Erza, Levy and Juvia.

I was standing by a pillar watching the contest with Laki. "You're not entering this year?" She asked me.

"Nah, it's not really my scene," I replied.

Lucy was the final contestant to go on the stage. Just before she was able to show us her magic, Evergreen showed up. "Oh no, not them again," I groaned. The Thunder Legion. Three very powerful wizards and Laxus personal lackeys. She turned Lucy to stone and the curtains opened to reveal that all the contestants had been turned to stone.

Suddenly, Laxus showed up along with Freed and Bickslow and he started speaking. "I'm taking all them hostage. Break the rules and I'll shatter these chicks one by one, or I could just smash them all right now".

"I've always wondered who was the strongest in the guild, now let's find out," Freed joined in.

Bickslow also joined in. "Yeah, let's have some fun".

"There's only one rule," Laxus continued. "Whoever's left standing in the guild is the winner. It's a Fairy Tail battle royale".

Natsu tried to fight Laxus but got knocked out instead.

"If you want me to turn the girls back to normal, you're going to have to defeat us," Evergreen said. "You have three hours and not a second more. After that, these pretty statues of yours will be reduced to dust".

"All of Magnolia will serve as the battlefield," Laxus continued. The fight will begin when and if you can find us. Let the battle of Fairy Tail begin". With that, they disappeared.

After that, everyone started running outside to find them while I stood there motionless. I was so shocked, I couldn't move. Makarov tried to leave to go find Laxus, but Freed put up an enchantment saying, 'no one over the age of 80 shall pass'.

I tried to leave as well, but the enchantment wouldn't let me. I didn't know whether it was because I'm technically 400 years old or because of who I really am, but I was stuck there. After my parents died, I promised myself I would never feel helpless again, yet here I was again.

Natsu woke up and tried to leave, but he couldn't get past the enchantment either, and neither could Gajeel. I think it was because they're both Dragon Slayers.

The enchantment was kind of like a scoreboard of the battle. The scores were as follows:

Alsack vs Jet vs Droy = the winner is Alsack.

Max vs Warren = the winner is Warren.

Vijeeter vs Nab = the winner is Nab.

Laki vs 4 others = the winner is Laki.

Macao vs Wakaba = in progress.

Time remaining: 2 hours 18 minutes. Participants remaining: 42.

Reedus vs Freed = the winner is Freed.

Gray vs Bickslow = the winner is Bickslow.

Elfman vs Evergreen = the winner is Evergreen.

It turns out Laxus just wanted to be guild master. He said he wasn't going to stop until Makarov turned the guild over to him.

Eventually, it came down to 3 members; me, Natsu and Gajeel, and neither of us could get past the barrier.

Natsu actually managed to free Erza from Evergreen's magic, allowing her to join the battle, while we just stood there watching the scoreboard.