Chapter Nine

After the whole breakdown and a shot of sleep inducer, Harry ends up leaving the room with Evangeline fast asleep

After the whole breakdown and a shot of sleep inducer, Harry ends up leaving the room with Evangeline fast asleep. He frowns at the bandage around her arms – remembering how desperately the girl was using her nails to inflict pain on her body.

Taking one last look at her monitor and checking her pulse, Harry left the room feeling relieved as the sleep inducer should take an effect for the next good ten to twelve hours. In his mind, the best way to recovery – physical or mental, is good sleep and a well-rested body. With Evangeline fighting the infections and her inner demons, the poor girl really needs to be on bed rest without any amount of stress inflicted upon her. The amount of trauma she has experienced is too much for a child to handle and God knows how severe her physical and mental state is.

Harry's shift ended a while ago being it at 7 pm and while the doctor is in desperate for a good warm shower and some food, but the thought of leaving Evangeline is not settling in his stomach. He just senses something wrong is going to happen but shrugs the feeling.

Evangeline is okay. She is alright. Stop overthinking it, Harry.

"Haz! Hey!"

Harry turns around to see his husband in normal clothes running towards him. The shorter man gives him a hug and a peck on the lips before nuzzling towards him, "Didn't get to see you all day," he mumbled.

The warmth of being engulfed by his husband is the best feeling he gets that day. Being able to hold him makes all his worries go away – except for one, but after triple checking Evangeline's chart, he knows he is safe to leave for a while. He inhaled Louis' lavender shampoo, he gets the feeling of home has never felt so near.

"'m sorry I didn't get to meet you during lunch today, love. Got caught up with a meeting with a detective." Harry said after a few moments of appreciating each other's embrace.

"Evangeline?" Louis mumbled voiced muffled on Harry's scrubs. Something about inhaling the intoxicating scent of your husband is never enough for him.

The taller man nods before guiding both of them to the doctors' lounge. It is quite a struggle for Harry to change out of his scrubs when you have your partner glued by your side. Harry gives a short laugh when Louis refused to let his scrubs off him, "What is up with you, babe? I promise to give you all the cuddles of your life when we get home."

Louis pouts when Harry removes his grip from the scrub he was holding. Harry chuckled before quickly putting on his top and pull his husband close to him. The harsh winter makes him cuddle closer as they walk to the car.

"So, she alright? Evangeline?"

Harry turns his eye towards Louis who sits next to him, a takeout box on his hand. Harry nods as he flips the channel trying to find something interesting for the both of them to watch. They settled for a movie – something about a man trying to figure his way back home after being stuck in the mountains.