Chapter Ten

Mainly fluff and filler. Warning: mild tooth-rotting fluff.

 Warning: mild tooth-rotting fluff

.

.

The harsh blinding light is the first that Evangeline meets as she opens her eyes. The drapes from the window next to her are pulled open, letting the glooming sunlight to brighten the room. The first thing that she can feel is how achy her whole body is and the churns in her stomach do not help the situation at all. She notices a presence next to her but her the blinding light is causing her to unable to recognize the unknown person.

Feeling a bile rise from her throat, she whines quietly at the uncomfortable sensation in her stomach. The girl tries to move as she is in a very uncomfortable position but the grip around her tummy did not allow her to do so.

Louis blinks his eyes slowly when he feels slight movement and some soft whining coming from Evangeline. Girl must be up then. The sudden sound of gagging snapped his eyes open as he saw Evangeline crying helplessly. He immediately took a bowl next to him and put it under her chin.

"It's alright, love. Just let it out."

Evangeline shakes her head, all the vomiting she did hours ago make her throat hurts and the unpleasant after-taste of vomit is not something that she looks forward to. The twisting and churning in her stomach come to a peak as she throws up the little water that she drank previously. She is a mess – literally.

"You're okay, you're okay. You are doing so good, shh..."

Words of encouragement are being said as she throws up the content of her bile and Louis felt utterly helpless. The only thing that he can offer is some back rubs and some mere words to the girl. He too runs his fingers through her matted brunette hair trying to give some comfort but honestly, it is not doing much.

Louis looks around him trying to locate his husband around the room but notices that the only thing left is his bag on the couch and Harry missing. He takes a look at the time on his phone and notices that he still have around half an hour before his shift starts but judging by the tight grip around his sweater, he is probably not going to leave the room for the next couple of hours.

Evangeline is passed out on his chest, her body too exhausted trying to fight the fever and infection. Taking a cloth, Louis wiped the excess vomit on her chin before gently putting her body to the bed. Don't get him wrong, he appreciates the fact that Evangeline is searching for comfort from him, but sitting down in that position for hours does leave you with achy joints.

Where you at?

Talking to Payne. Be back in a few.

Please bring food. Starving.

Will do, love. Anything for the little one?

Some ice cream, please. Poor girl had another round of puking.