Mario Kart

Tyler pov

Oh god. Oh god. Oh god.
I screwed up.

Yes you did. You should have hurt them.

No no no that's not what I meant.

But it is what you wanted

That doesn't matter. I just need to hide. He can't see me like this.

But Josh followed you after you ran. He's going to come over and laugh at you crying

He wouldn't

He would. Anyone would.

But he's not anyone...he's Josh...

Josh hates you
He hates you
Everyone hates you
Nobody loves you
All of them will laugh

"Hey Tyler" I hear a quiet voice. I look up. It's Josh. He looks heartbroken when he sees that I'm crying. Ugh I'm such a wimp.

"What happened?" He says. I don't want to answer. He won't believe me. He'll think I'm weird. He'll think I'm crazy.

He looks as though he didn't really expect an answer to the question so he just turns his head to look at me. I look at him as well. His eyes are filled with sadness. I scan his features. He really is so handsome. I just want to kiss him but I can't. If I do then he'll also think I'm a gross fag.

"I'm sorry" I say. I look down to prevent myself from doing something I'll regret.

"For what?" Ugh. Of course he said that. He's amazing.

"I'm a wimp. I run away. And you got dragged into my issues the moment you became my friend" I say. He looks hurt but it's true.

"No you aren't. I think it was very strong of you not to punch back or yell in their faces. You have a lot of self control and I respect that" he says, with complete sincerity. I look back over at him.

Then he does something I really wasn't expecting. He starts to bring his hand up to my face. I hadn't even realized I was crying again. He hesitates though, and looks as though he's having a debate in his head over what to do. I really want him to continue, but I won't say anything. It looks like he lost his argument with himself as he puts his hand down.

I don't know where the sudden confidence comes from, but I decide to put my hand over his. At first he looks surprised, but he doesn't move. He looks like he's having yet another argument with himself and it makes me feel bad. Did I cause that?

I stand up and help him up as well.

"Can we leave?" I say.

"Sure" he says. I'm surprised.

||-//

The walk home was silent. But it wasn't awkward. Just a mutual not wanting to talk.

Once we are in front of his house, I ask

"Can I come in with you?" He freezes. Did I say something wrong? He looks like he's thinking, but I can't really tell. "I'm sorry that was very sudden never mind" I say and turn to walk next door to my house.

The he grabs my arm and says "Wait" very softly. I stop and turn around. He says "you can come in, but we're going to have to stay in my room. My mom....doesn't like visitors".

We walk into his house and I realize it has the same layout as mine. I guess it's because we live in the same neighborhood.

We walk up to his room and when he closes the door behind him, he looks relieved. I think probably because we didn't see his mom anywhere. I wonder why he doesn't seem to like her?

I awkwardly sit on his bed and he sits next to me.

"Anything you wanna do?" I ask

"I have Mario Kart"

"You're on"

||-//

We played for a while and after we got bored, I lay back onto his bed. He did as well. I turn my head to look at him, but we were laying closer than I thought, so when he did the same, our faces were only inches apart.

I can feel his warm breath on my lips. My eyes flicker from his eyes to his lips a couple of times and I think his do it too. Oh fuck I want to kiss him. I swear I see him almost lean in as well, but then he sits up on the bed.

"It's getting late" he says very suddenly. I was a little taken aback by his sudden movement, but I get off the bed and walk downstairs with him. He escorts me out of his house and I go home.

[I'm uploading twice today. I wouldn't leave you like this]