Chapter Six: Hell and Back Again

"So, New York, huh?"

"Hmmm," I said by means of reply, leaning back against Liam's muscular frame, delighting in every minute of the physical contact. "Yeah. Should be fun."

"You've never been?"

"A couple of times, after my dad came back, my mom would take me and Carla for a girl's trip to see my Aunt Fiona," I replied. "We'd go shopping and hang out and stuff like that. We always had a good time."

"It sounds like it."

"How about you?" I asked, turning over slightly so as I could stare into Liam's beautiful, silvery eyes. "You ever been?"

Liam smirked. "I'm the CEO of one of the biggest companies in the United States. I've been to New York many times on business."

I smirked then, bracing myself up onto my elbow so that I could get on top of Liam, who raised his eyebrows and grinned at my brazen behavior. "And what about for pleasure?" I asked, letting out a short gasp as he ran his hands over my body. "Ever go to New York for that?"

"Yeah, a few times, when I was younger. Mom and Dad honeymooned in New York. Before things got bad with him, we'd go as a family. Penny, too."

I reached down then, cupping his cheek in my hand, my heart thudding in my chest as he leaned into it. "I'm sorry things got bad."

Liam shrugged. "Hey, it is what it is." He lifted me slightly, so as I was anchored just above him, as he teased me. "So, Northwestern?"

I laughed. "Yeah. I already sent off the letter, accepting their acceptance. I'm really excited to get over there and get to work."

"Have any idea what you're going to study?"

"A slight idea," I replied, biting down hard on my lower lip as I allowed him access inside me then, and loving the sensation completely.

"Care to share?"

"Business management," I replied.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah," I replied, clearing my throat of the sensations Liam evoked from within me, and especially loved the notion that his strong hands were on my naked hips. "Yeah, I want to take over this place from my mom."

"You sure you wouldn't want a more...I don't know...high-profile job?"

I scoffed. "Please," I muttered, a whimper escaping my lips as Liam got to his feet then, and kept his hold on me. "I love this place. I want to keep it in the family..."

"Have you discussed this with your mom at all?" he asked, bracing me up against the wall, and continuing his forward motion.

I pursed my lips. "There's a great many things I don't discuss with my mother, Liam, as you well know...dammit," I said, bracing my palms onto his shoulders.

Liam smirked. "Yeah, well, my sister knows about us..."

I flushed, and it wasn't just because of the pounding. "Wait. Really?"

"Not all the details, of course," he replied. "But she figured out I've got someone in my life who I keep sneaking out to see..."

"My dad and uncle know about us, too..."

Liam stopped for a moment. "Wait. Which dad?"

I dug my heels into his backside then, and Liam quickly began moving back and forth again. "I just told Pops," I replied.

"So, your biological father, married to your uncle..."

"Yeah," I replied. "Him."

"It feels like you're closer to them than your mom and her husband..."