Chapter 23

It's the first time I disobey my captors, after Rey had ordered me to fuck Zarcar. Once Rey had left, my insides hadn't stopped churning. I didn't know if it was anger or fear, but I did the only thing I could do, to keep Zarcar from trying to seduce me last night.

I pretended to cry, very loudly, when he eventually came down and tried to open the door I had locked. I screamed at him to go away and when he did, very awkwardly, I ran to the window and watched with dry eyes as Lixar left and Zarcar spoke to Holden outside.

That night I slept on my own successfully.

The next morning however, was a different story. I do not wake up alone to consider how I will process everything that happened last night, such as my chances at running and how I could possibly gain any new information out of my captors.

Instead, I wake up after sleeping soundly while holding a pillow to my chest. I open my eyes to see Zarcar, who's snuck into my room and is sitting on the bed next to me. His black eyes face the blue stones set in the wall while I sleep behind him.

He's dark brown ringlets are hanging out over his back and bare shoulders, because he is only wearing breeches while his hand holds a sword and his cheeks look a tad pale.

"Morning... my Warlord..." I manage to say it sweetly enough. I wipe away the sleep from my eyes, blinking away the fog as Zarcar turns to me with a stern expression.

"The King has informed me of what kind of training you will receive today," Zarcar gulps as he pauses, "...I stressed that I should attend..."

"Why?" I pretend to be oblivious, even though I remembered the King's words clearly. He wanted me to shift into my Draconess form today, under the instruction of Lixar.

"You'll be fully Awakened, no Horse Root today to stave off your connection. You'll make your first kill..." I'm surprised Zarcar tells me this much, "You'll be chained so you do not escape once you have shifted for the first time."

"Moon forbid that I would ever try such a feat..." it was too early since waking for me to put on a dramatic tone, but as I rise up on one elbow, Zarcar finally dares to touch me again – after 3 months of being kept from me. The back of his hand caresses my cheeks sweetly enough for a man of strict teaching. I look past him now to see a topless Lixar waiting in the doorway, eyeing me with a smirk, "...why would I run away from such handsome men... I have been blessed with such demonically gorgeous captors," I sigh as I lean into Zarcar's touch, smiling widely.

He glares over his shoulder at Lixar, who does nothing but smirk unwaveringly at my words.

While Zarcar is busy glaring at Lixar, I slip my fully naked body out of the sheets and lean into Zarcar's neck, licking over his pulse, up to his ear. He stills with the movement. But then I bite the bottom of his ear lobe, tugging on it.

"You're my first kill today, demon," I growl, trying to be funny.

Zarcar hasn't flinched, nor taken his eyes off Lixar who has opened his mouth and struggles to find the right words to say.

Zarcar is fully aware of the game I play, however.

"...clothes... sweetheart..." Zarcar growls the order while I try to lean in for another kiss, this time on his cheek – but he pulls away from me as he stands up, turning to put a hand on the back of my head, shoving me down into the blankets so my tits are covered, even though my bare ass is wiggling back up into both their faces.

"Stop being a jealous whore!" I yell out at Zarcar, growling and spitting into the blankets.

"...I'll... wait... outside," Lixar points to the corridor and watches me like I'm a little bit insane.