07: his artist

yein

"Woah, Taehyung will be participating?" I unbelievably said while slacking off at the couch here at the student lounge.

"Yes, we were also surprised though," Mijoo commented.

"Even if Taehyung looks like a total nerd, no offence, but I admit, he's got the looks if you try to fix him up," Jimin joined the conversation as he just arrived.

"I'm sensing someone is being gay right here," Hoseok uttered.

"I'm serious," Jimin fired back. "No one asked but aaahhh, I heard her angelic voice again. It seemed familiar but I don't know, I don't want to meet her yet."

"Is that the girl you've always heard singing at the music room?" Kook asked and Jimin just nodded.

"Uhm, guys, I have a business to attend, so I am off now!" Sujeong said and hurriedly dashed out of the room. I wonder what keeps her busy these past few days. Ever since the news flashed about her breakup with Mingyu, she began having business and is always going MIA.

"Where's Taehyung, by the way?" Yoongi inquired.

"Probably preparing for tomorrow's pageant," Namjoon answered.

So for the searching of Mr. and Ms. Ambassadors of the school, the participants are mandated to engage in the different competitions. There were a quiz bee, a sport game, and tomorrow, the pageant.

So far, Taehyung is slightly in advantage since he won the first place in the quiz bee.

**

I am going to accompany Kook to his house as mom'sㅡhis mom's personal artists will come to help him prepare for the pageant that will happen later on. He's the latest ambassador and he's going to pass the title tonight.

"Goran, isn't that Sujeong?" Jungkook murmured that caught the fancy. I straightly looked up where his pout is pointing at.

Sujeong is with a guy. But the guy seems familiar?

"Is that Taehyung?" Jungkook said in his astounded voice.

I blinked many times to confirm that she is with Taehyung. He is not wearing his big-rounded eyeglasses and the way he's dressed today is really different from the Taehyung that everyone knows.

Though they are quite distant from us and Taehyung is wearing a black cap, we can still determine that it was them. We didn't know they are this close, I mean they know each other since we are just in the same circle of friends, but them, alone, together? Something's fishy.

"I guess Sujeong is helping him prepare for the pageant," Kook commented.

"I thought so," I said and took a sip on my drink.

We stopped by the Starbucks to grab some drinks to suffice our cravings and also for the people who will help Kook later. I ordered chocolate crunch frappuccino while Jungkook has his strawberry cheesecake frappuccino.

"Take a sip, it tastes really amazing," he said and casually inserted the straw of his drink onto my mouth. I sipped on his drink and widened my eyes in savory.

"Let's swap drinks," I joyously negotiated, acting cute in front of him.

"As if I have a choice," he uttered and got my drink.

"Yours tastes good, too," he commented upon drinking my chocolate crunch.

After halting in the coffeehouse for a couple of minutes, we decided to go to his house to begin the preparation

I am comfortably slumped on his bed while holding my sketchpad. We are in his room at the moment, the artists had already started fixing him up. As bored as I am, fortunately, I have one of my sketchpads left here so I ended up ketching to vanish the boredom.

I have no subject in mind so I just sketched a portrait of Jungkook. He's facing his back on me but I could still see his face through his reflection on the mirror.

He knew I was drawing a picture of him because of my continuous fall of glances on him. I discerned him speaking to one of the people fixing him and to my surprise, they blocked my view on the mirror.

Okay, it was Jungkook who told them to block it. "Jeon Jungkook!" I exclaimed.

The artists just chuckled because of my reaction. "What are you doing, Yein-ah?" One of mom's artists asked.

"I am bored so I am just drawing some lazy portrait of Kook," I replied.

"You know how to draw?" and I just nodded. I walked towards them to thoroughly check and analyze Kook's eyes.

I went closer to Kook's face to properly study his eyes. I needed to see it this close so I can sketch it realistically.

Suddenly, Jungkook cupped my cheeks with his right hand and gently moved my face away. "You're disturbing them," he said.

"Is that what you call a lazy portrait?" One of the artists unbelievably demanded. "That looks so amazing!"

"It is just because I am the character, my visuals make the portrait look excellent," I just rolled my eyes when Kook joined in our conversation.

"You're really a good artist, Yein-ah."

I gave my thanks as I ended the portrait with the last, soft stroke to settle his eyes. I'm finished. I closed the sketchpad and flopped it down beside me as I went back and threw my body on his bed.

There is still perhaps an hour left until this preparation will end so I decided to take a nap.

"Wake me up once you are already done," I muttered before closing my eyes. My mind couldn't be emptied so I grabbed the sketchpad.

I stared at the portrait that I just finished. I apparently heard a conversation from my behind.

"Your best friend really draws well."

"I know, right? She's indeed talented."

Little did I know, my lips slowly curved upwards, making a smile.

Yeah, best friend.

And as a best friend, I'm his artist.