17: his artist?

long chapter ahead. three more chapters to go :)

yein

"How can I forget my sister?" he said, catching his own breath. He must have ran fast to get here. Tsk, he still has the nerve to show up after going MIA since the dinner.

Our parents just minded their own business and as I turned around to head back to my room, the clamor of fireworks cornered the area.

I want to look at the sky but I chose to just walk ahead. I am pissed, mad, sad, annoyed. This is the first time our friendship day appeared to be this empty and dispirited.

I gave way and back off so he could spend most of his time with Sinb. I want to eat my breakfast, lunch, and dinner with him, but I had to refrain myself from asking him because I know he also wants to be with Sinb. I want to call him to study together but I restrained myself.

"You're doomed, son!" I heard his dad spoke to him.

I could still understand the reason of his absence in those days but today, I just can't. Why would he deprive this special day from me?

I slumped my whole body on the bed, burying my face on my pillow. I am just so mad and disappointed.

I sighed heavily and reached for my phone. I feel the need to talk to someone. To at least vent out this confusion.

"Hello?"

"Sujeong.. why do I feel so bad?" I murmured.

"Why? What happened?"

Should I tell Sujeong about it? Because feeling it this way seems abnormal and unusual. I mean, it feels like I shouldn't feel it this way.

I breathed before speaking, "Todayㅡoh technically, yesterday, was our friendship day, right?"

"Hmm. It has something to do with the best friend," she said and I could capture the amusement in her voice.

I rolled my eyes. "We always celebrate the New Year's Eve in our house, together with our family. But he didn't show up in the dinner awhile ago," I said in disappointment.

"I could still consider that but do you know what time he had shown up?" I exclaimed in disbelief. "Fucking 5 seconds before 12!" I breathed heavily and brushed my hair in frustration.

"I don't understand. I know I have the right to be upset but not to the extreme. I just don't understand," I sighed. Suddenly, a devil laugh sounded from the phone. Is she laughing?

"Bruh?"

"I'm sorry," she said in the midst of laughing. "I just can't oh my God, finally."

"Huh?" I asked in confusion. Why did she laugh?

"I got what you meant, Yein. Been there, done that," she said and I could imagine that smug look on her face. "I understand your situation but I won't tell you about it, I will let you analyze it yourself."

I haven't talked yet but she already ended up the call. Seriously?

I groaned and buried my face on my pillow again until three soft knocks touched my door. I mentally rolled my eyes, expecting it came from my great boy best friend who didn't show up earlier.

I sat up properly before he barge in. I crossed my legs and arms, raised a brow in my deadpan face.

"Ya, Goran. I'm sorry," he started off and I tried not to be budged.