19: his friend.

yein

Hearts month and as I walked through the hallway, I only the scheme of color red and pink covering the wall.

They have decorated the campus for the most awaited event of the time, the Valentine's Day, in connection with that, the Prom Night.

The Prom Night is already in three days and I have seen a lot of students by the hallway, cafeteria, library, and just literally in every corner of the school talking about how excited they are for it. Talking about their dates, their gowns, their suits, their makeup.

"Who will be the lucky dates of these young, beautiful ladies we have here?"

I am at the locker area with Sujeong and Kei when Mijoo emerged and began plastering the announcement on the wall.

"I am not joining," I plainly replied while the two just avoided Mijoo's gander over them.

I narrowed my eyes as I looked at them.

"It's.. Jimin," Kei murmured.

"Mine is Taehyung," Sujeong murmured as well. Maybe she should have said "Taehyung is mine".

"Oh, that's cool," Mijoo naturally uttered and left us after posting the paper on the wall.

"I premise things are now going well between you and your crushes?" I remarked and slammed my locker shut after getting my book.

The two just shrugged with their faces attempting to hide their smiles. I lightly rolled my eyes and said, "Good to know you guys have reconciled." I leaned my back against my locker.

My eyes suddenly discerned Kook in the hallway, coming on our way.

"Kook," I reached up and called him.

Sujeong looked at me with tease and I glared at her. She said, "Okay so we're gonna leave you now, Yein," and gave me a wink which strengthened my glare on her. She just chuckled.

"What's up?"

Suddenly, Yugyeom emerged in front of us and chimed in. "Yein," he called me and I just raised a brow.

"You still don't have a date for the Prom Night, right?"

"I am not joining," I replied. I see Kook looking surprised beside me.

"Well you are going to join because I will be your date."

I was about to speak to take down his blunt offer when he cut me off, "I don't take no's." And he flee away leaving me and Kook alone.

"You are not joining?"

I nodded.

"Why?"

"Not in the mood. You know I don't actually involve myself in things like this and I just attended before because you always insist me."

His mouth opened, planning to speak and I chimed in, "I actually have something to tell you."

"Uh.. I hope you won't get mad as I thought of this decision without considering your opinion but I am going to LA with dad," I straightforwardly uttered with a wry smile.

He was startled with what I just said and with widened eyes he questioned, "What? Why did you just tell me now? When will you leave?"

His response totally shocked me.

I was nervous about telling him about this. I expected he'd be mad or something like that because of not making the decision with him.

I really thought he wouldn't want me to leave.