11: his excuse?

yein

Mr. Han walked inside the classroom while only bringing a single paper on his hand. My classmates began to exchange whispers, thinking they already know what's on that paper.

"Oh my God."

"It's the time of the school year."

"I hope the groupings will be fair."

The clamor was superseded by silence when Mr. Han spoke. "It seems like you already know what is going to happen now that I am holding this paper," he announced and smiled wickedly. The noise visited for a brief moment because of the tease of our homeroom's teacher who is also our teacher in English.

"So listen up, lend me your ears as I will state your partner for the research that you are going to accomplish," he started. "The process of having the pairs is too easy. You are paired by column, so the person who is either behind or in front of you is going to be your partner."

I sighed in relief after hearing what Mr. Han just instructed. The person in front of me is Kei while behind me is Yugyeom. Different reactions were heard in the room, some are good with the process, whereas the others are not. I am okay with Kei or Yugyeom, they are responsible and I believe I can rely on either the both of them.

"Okay, let me start saying the pairs."

"Jimin and Kei, Taehyung and Yerin, Sujeong and Mingyu, Nayeon and Seongcheol, Yein and Yugyeom, Jungkook and Sinb, Hoseok and..."

Okay, that's nice. I am partnered up with Yugyeom.

"I will now give you the remaining time to discuss with your partners," Mr. Han said before leaving the classroom in a mess.

"Kook, let's go together later, alright?" I shouted at him. Today is his birthday, we will be going out for a dinner. It is actually their family dinner but his mom told me to come with them.

Kook just gave me a nod and diverted his attention back to Sinb. We are all with our partners right now to discuss for the research.

"Tell me honestly, were there no any moment where you suddenly have feelings for him?" I was welcomed by that question when I turned back to Yugyeom.

"Meh, if only such questions will give me dollars, I'd be rich by now. But to tell you honestly, I think, there was this time but never mind, my feelings just instantly passed by like the wind."

"Hmmm."

"What?"

"Nothing. You two just look like a couple by how intimate and caring you are for each other."

"Well, we get that a lot," I chuckled. Everyone keeps saying we are a thing, that something's going on between us.

"We are just best friends. No more, no less," I said for the last time to end the talk and focus more on our research. But he's just too compulsive.

"I doubt that," he confidently remarked. I raised a brow at him. "It's not impossible for two people with different sex to be close with each other while not involving any romantic feelings," I retorted.