08: his date

yein

"Who's up for Karaoke Party later?"

"I'm in."

"Let's get it!"

"Sure."

"A break from reality."

"You going?" My concentration on my sketch has been interrupted.

"Na-ah," I lazily replied.

"What? You should go, Yein!"

"I'm too lazy," I answered.

"Yes, don't worry, she will go," Kook spoke up and I could just sigh.

Our midterm exam just ended and they are up for a karaoke party. It's a good idea but I am just not in the mood to join them, but then, this Jungkook beside me, concluded that I will be going.

"Since I was not here during my birthday, this karaoke party is all on me," Soojung-unnie announced that noised the student lounge.

I must say that the pageant a few weeks ago was a blast and indeed surprising to everyone. As expected, Kook's fangirls really cheered for him even if he's not one of the participants. Jungkook passed the title to Taehyung. Yes, he won.

After the pageant, it was revealed that Sujeong helped him prepare. Everyone was shocked because of the sudden birth of a bond between them. They became closer in other words.

Another thing, Taehyung really had this new look. He began wearing contact lenses instead of wearing his big, rounded eyeglasses. The bangs that had been covering his forehead is gone now, he's got a new hairstyle. His fashion sense had enhanced, too.

All in all, Sujeong contained the huge part in the changes in Taehyung's whole self today. That explains the reason of their closeness.

Through my peripheral view, I perceived Kook's squinting eyes casted on me. I turned to him in frustration. "What?" I annoyingly said. He just remained squinting his eyes on me as if he's trying to read my mood.

I can't keep seeing him looking at me like that so I glared at him.

He stood up from sitting and called out for Taehyung. "Bro, can you come with me?"

"Sure. Where are we going?" Taehyung responded.

Instead of replying to him, Kook just faced me and gave my head a gentle pat.

"Be right back," he said before leaving the student lounge with Taehyung.

"I noticed you're not in the mood since morning," Sujeong uttered and made her way beside me on the couch.

I sighed. "You know, girls stuff."

A few minutes passed and in the midst of resuming my sketch, Kook and Taehyung finally came back. But they are bringing plastic bags with them.

My eyes shone and glittered in happiness when I saw Jungkook holding a pizza box. They went out to buy all these food?

They shared the bought snacks and sodas to the squad. Kook went towards me bringing a separate bag of snacks with him.

"You're on your period, right?" He said with his stolid face. 

I didn't answer him and instead stole the food they have bought. I heard him sigh, "I guess that means a yes and the reason why you were so annoyed with me early in the morning even if I am definitely sure that I haven't done something wrong."

Go get yourself a Jungkook, but not my Kook.

He will buy you food to suffice your cravings on your period.

"Really voracious," he commented as he watched me eat.

Kook let out an exhale in relief and leaned his back relaxedly against the couch.

"Thank you," I turned to him. I know that I am the reason why he bought all these food. I oftentimes throw my frustration on him even if he is absolutely innocent. He knows that only food can placid my mood swings.

"Whatever," he rolled his eyes and I could just chuckle. I have treated him bad since early in the morning that is why he responded like that.

**

"Kei, you don't have a date and I don't have, too. Let's be each other's date," Jimin casually diverted the topic.

"Is that for the Semester End Party?" Jiae asked.

"Who is your date?" Taehyung inquired Kook.

"Goran," he complacently answered.

"Excuse me?" I inserted. I didn't know he's going to be my date.

"You haven't asked her yet," Sujeong rolled her eyes.

"Yein-ah, can you be my date?"

I was stunned on my seat. It felt so weird, really weird and unusual to hear him call my name.

He rarely calls me by my real name and hearing him just a moment ago, it felt weird.

"Why do you look shocked, Yein?" I was snapped back when Myungeun called me.

"Hmm," they all said, throwing us some suspicious looks. They even followed it up with that background music to tease us more.

Here they are again. I sighed before taking my words but Mijoo suddenly cut me off.

"Stop, guys, you can never level up their friendship," she reminded while chuckling.

"Truth be told. These two will never have feelings for each other. The uber super duper ultra mega cake supermarket best friends," Hoseok seconded.

Me and Kook could just chuckle.

"So I guess yes is your answer?" Jungkook diverted the topic.

"Do you think I can say no to my best friend?"

Yeah, best friend.

And as a best friend, I'm his date.