Chapter 5

Right now, I'm sitting in what they call a living room, I'm not actually sure what it is. Rebekah is still searching for Elijah, Ariana is sitting next to me listening in, and I'm arguing with Agnus about my health.

"I told you, Agnus, I feel great." I say flipping the page of my magazine.

"You are overdue for a checkup." She warns.

"What am I going to do, pop into the quarter to get a quick ultrasound? A pregnant werewolf escorted by a witch, nothing to see here." I say sarcastically.

"A lot women would kill to have a child, it strikes me as odd that you aren't taking better care of yours." Rebekah says not looking up from her computer.

"I know a doctor out in the Bayou off the beaten path. Now, I took the liberty of making an appointment for you, tonight, after hours, just us. Vampires will never get word of it." Agnus says, clearly lying through her teeth. This is the trap I was talking about yesterday.

"Okay, fine, bayou baby doctor it is." I tell her standing up and leaving the room and Ariana follows.

"You do know this is a trap, right?" She asks.

"I know but I need to know if it's a girl or a boy." I say sighing.

"Why?" She asks.

"Yesterday, one of the witches did an at-home thing to try and tell me the gender and she said it was a boy." I say trying not to panic. It's supposed to be a girl.

"I understand." She says firmly.

"Then, we're going to the bayou tonight." I tell her, skipping up stairs to change. After I change clothes, I head to the 'bayou baby doctor' with Ariana and Agnus, but not before texting Klaus where I'm going. He's always the last to know.

"Lie down on the table and pull up your shirt." The doctor says. I do as she says and she puts the gel on my stomach. She moves the wand thing around on my stomach and I hear the sound of a heartbeat.

"The babies' heartbeats are strong." She says faking a smile like everyone else.

"Wait do you just say heartbeats? As in plural?" I ask.

"Congratulations, Miss Black, you're having twins. A boy and a girl." I freeze when she says that. This is all wrong. I'm suppose be having a baby girl not a boy and a girl.

"We're pretty much done here, right?" I ask, knowing what she's about to do. I give Ariana the signal and she starts silently chanting another protection spell around me, the babies, and herself.

"Your blood pressure is a bit high. I've got something for it." She says walking off. I get a text from Rebekah asking where I am and I text her 'Bayou baby clinic. Hurry.' The doctor came back with a huge syringe probably filled with Wolfsbane. I stab her with the syringe and wait for the others. A group of vampires bust through the door and I smile.

"You guys really took your time getting here." I mock them.

"Now now, Amanda, don't tease them." Ari says in a cheery tone. They come at us but something just kicked in and I started to fight. I could see Ariana take out the others. When we were done, there was blood everywhere and I was covered in it.

"We should get going before more come." I nod and we leave the clinic. We walk around for awhile until my phone rings.

"H..Hello?" I answer out of breath.

"Amanda! I'm at the clinic and there's bodies and blood everywhere. Where are you?!" Rebekah asks frantically. I can hear Klaus pacing in the background. I'm still breathing heavy from all of the running but I guess she thought I was hyperventilating.

"Calm down, Amanda, the stress isn't good for the baby." She warns as someone takes the phone from her. Probably Klaus.

"Where are you, love?" He asks. Ha! I was right!

"I'm t..trying to f...f..find my w..way back t...t..to the c..clinic." I say hanging up the phone. After a few minutes, Ari and I see a light meaning we found the clinic. She stays behind a bit and I walk closer just as I see Rebekah and Klaus walking out. They see me and he runs over.

"Amanda! What happened?! Tell me what happened." He says checking me for injuries. There's so much blood he can't tell if I'm hurt or not.

I couldn't speak. The shock of finding out I'm having twins is a lot, and I didn't even realize that I had started crying. He just pulled me into a hug until I stopped crying and pulled away.

"Are you calm now, love?" He asks softly.

"Y..Yeah." I say, not quite believing it myself.

"Where are you hurt at?" He asks.

"N...N..Nowhere." I tell them.

"You're completely healed." He states.

"P..Perks of b..being a w..werewolf." I respond.

"No, not that fast."