Chapter 6

"It's the baby, the vampire blood. Klaus' blood in your system, it can heal any wound. Your own child healed you. How did you escape? You were outnumbered, unarmed, those men were ripped to shreds." Rebekah says leading me to sit down.

    "I protected myself." I say quietly.

    "The witches were supposed to protect you. When I get my hands on Sophie Deveroux-"

    "It wasn't her, it was Agnus." I correct him.

    "Fine, Agnus, Sophie, it's all the same to me. I'll slaughter the lot of them." He says angrily.

    "Not if Elijah gets there first." Rebekah comments.

    "Elijah? What does he have to do with this?" I ask her.

    "He's been in touch and he has a plan-" I cut her off.

    "Well, screw his plan! What's he going to do from inside a box?!" I ask frustrated. They look shocked at my outburst, especially Klaus. I don't blame him, Hayley was closer to Elijah than she was to him and she was carrying his child, not Elijah's. Her and Klaus would have been a cute couple.

    "Anyways, all he asks is that we take care of you." She finishes.

    "I can take care of myself." I mutter under my breath.

    "We know." Klaus says, amused.

    "Hey, so, can we go home now? I'd really like to sleep a couple of days." I ask. I stand up only to collapse but before I hit the ground, Klaus caught me.

    "I've got you, love. I've got you." He says walking off with me in his arms. Rebekah and Ariana aren't far behind.

    It's been a little while since the incident and I'm rummaging through the fridge.

    "Good morning." Elijah says as he stands in the doorway.

    "Hey." The door opens and Rebekah walks in.

    "Hey, I know I'm the only one who actually drinks milk, but would it kill any of you to make sure it's on the grocery list?" I ask.

    "Speaking of...add bleach." Rebekah adds, leaving the kitchen.

    "You know, I do hope my siblings were hospitable towards you in my absence." He says, looking through one of the cabinets.

    "I've been attacked by French quarter vampires, I mean it was my fault because I went to get the poison-" I was cut off.

    "Why on earth would you go to the French quarter to buy poison?" He asks.

    "I may or may not have tried to get rid of the baby." I whisper but I know he heard me.

    "Please tell me you didn't." He says in desperation.

    "I didn't go through with it. Aside from that, I've had to live in a house with a secret dungeon full of coffins, and I was nearly murdered by witches that are convinced that my babies are the devil's spawns." When I stop talking I realize that he's fixing a bowl of cereal and  he holds up the milk for me to see.

    "Oh, milk. They've been fine. Your siblings are weirdly protective, and if I'm completely honest, I've seen a change in Klaus." I tell him happily.

    "Did you just say babies?" He asks, slowly.

    "Surprise." I say, doing jazz hands. He looks conflicted, like he doesn't know whether to be happy that it's twins, or worried because that's one more baby to protect.

    "Congratulations." He finally speaks up.

    "Thanks. Don't tell Klaus, though." I say quickly.

    "These are his children, he has to know." He argues.

    "I will tell him when I'm ready. I'm still trying to get it through my head that there's more than one." I say honestly.

    "So, back to the murderous witches, I have some concerns." He says, handing me a spoon.

    "Not all witches are evil, but those are. Not to mention that my life is still linked to the wicked bitch of the south." I say, annoyed.

    "We should do something about it." He decides.

    "I'm in. As soon as they're unlinked we get to leave this crap town. Who do we have to kill?" Rebekah asks, dragging a body outside.

    "Probably no one...alright, potentially everyone." He says putting up the milk.

    After I eat, I go read for a few hours until Rebekah shows up with a basket of apples.

    "It's time for the demon spawn to snack." She jokes.

    "I really wish you wouldn't call them that." I tell her, putting down the book.

    "Well, do you...wait, did you just say 'them'?"