I

Heyyy! It's Erza-Chan! I really love Ichiruki :3 and I know you guys who are reading this do too!
This first chapter isn't that great and most of my chapters are really short but I hope you like it and continue reading~
Vote, comment, share even? It doesn't matter but most of all, ENJOY
☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆

"Rukia," I heard a voice echo through my head. It was a bit annoying and it disturbed my deep slumber but I recognized it. I opened one eye and winced as a bright ray of light hit from the opening of the closet door. Ichigo was standing above me in his Shinigami clothes, "Rukia, wake up, there's a hollow around here," he said. I sighed and sat up, rubbing my eyes.

"Why don't you go by yourself?" I ask, annoyed. He frowned at me and opened the closet door even wider.

"What's the matter with you? You don't usually wake up so late," he stepped back and waited for me to get out of the closet but I continued to sit there. It was true though... Why was I like this today? I usually wake up much earlier than him but today I couldn't even wake up before 10am. Then with all my strength, I jumped down and got into my spirit form. Ichigo grinned and jumped out the window as I tried to catch up with him from behind.

"Ichigo, can you sense the hollow?" I asked. He nodded and kept on running. He seemed rather energetic today...

"Rukia," startled, I looked up in reply to his call, "do you know what today is?" He asked, seriously.

"What is it?"

"It's your birthday...."

What? Today is my birthday??? How could this be...how could I forget my own birthday? It was an absurd thought but suddenly, I really did feel as if I was forgetting something important. I looked at Ichigo and saw that he was slightly smiling. It was more like a smirk but happier and teasing in a way. I felt my face flush red and turned away from that smile, "You know Rukia, you shouldn't work so hard. You'll forget some important things,"

Ah, so he knew...last night I went hollow hunting. No wonder I was so tired. This statement made me even more embarrassed and I couldn't help but stop running so I could process my feelings. He stopped too and looked at me.

"Today is...January 14?" I asked.

"Heh, yeah it is," he replied with a laugh.

I closed my eyes and sighed. I forgot it was my birthday... "Well I wouldn't blame you, since you've been living so long," Ichigo interrupted my thoughts. I realized what he said and punched him in the stomach, childish anger rising in me, "Oh, Rukia that huurtsss. What the hell?" He held his stomach and bent over, exaggerating the pain. I rolled my eyes and started to move again when suddenly, he grabbed my arm.

"Ichigo?"

"How about we take a day off? It will be good for you and I need a break too," he suggested with a bright smile. I frowned and thought about it for a moment. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to take one day off...

"Alright but you have to kill that hollow over there first," I pointed. The hollow we were following came to us, how convenient. Ichigo let go of my arm and ran past me to the hollow. One slash, and another kill. Easy.

"Ok! Let's go back and eat!" He said and started back towards his house. Odd, why does he seem more excited than me about my own birthday?