Divorce

Summary: In which Y/n and her husband of 4 years, Sebastian Stan, go through some tough times and end up breaking their promise of "forever"

Marriage is said to be the most beautiful thing two people can achieve together.

Most marriages are perfect like in the movies we used to watch as teenagers. With the I love you's and happily ever after's.

I got married at the age of 20 to the most wonderful man I knew. Sebastian Stan. He was sweet and just simply the perfect guy for me.

My parents said I was too young to get married, but I had been waiting for him since the second grade.

Sebastian and I met at school. We went to the same school all the way from elementary to high school. First, it was a childhood crush. Nothing important. Then in middle school was when I knew I was completely screwed.

That childish crush was no longer just a childish crush. I liked him, maybe even loved him at that time.

In high school, we were put together as partners for a class project and ever since then, we hit it off. Of course, I was the quiet shy girl and he was the guy everyone knew but it didn't matter. We were in love.

After graduation, we moved to New York as he was becoming what he always dreamed of becoming. An actor. Things became good for both of us.

Two years later he was a worldwide actor at the age of 22 and we got married. He wanted to change my last name.

I was always there supporting him and I knew that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him.

That was until now.

"Y/n are you sure you want to do this?" my lawyer said while holding the papers I'd never thought I'd ever see. "Yes," I said uncertainly.

At first, when Sebastian and I got married, things were great. He was doing what he loved and I was there by his side every step of the way.

Then slowly things started to take a turn for the bad. He became the opposite of what he was before acting. He was constantly stressed and started drinking.

Somehow he blamed me for this. He said I was the reason why he was so worked up every time, and I believed him.

A year or so later he became abusive. Mentally and physically. Fame was getting to his head and yet it was my fault as he always said.

I stayed because I loved him and because I was nothing without him.
I couldn't walk out on our relationship by myself.

That was until my mom saw me with a black eye then she dragged me away from him. That is how we are here right now waiting for Sebastian to show up to sign the divorce papers and make it official.

"He should be here any minute now," my lawyer says smiling at me. I smile back slightly at him.

I can't believe the last thing I wanted to happen is happening, right at this moment. Never in my life had I thought I would end up getting a divorce at the age of 22, and that alone made everything feel a lot more real and impacting.

A man walks in with him, the one who had once made me the happiest.

I look up at him and he stares back at me. His once happy oceanic blue eyes, now dull and cold. He was crying.

"Sebastian, hello. I'm Henry James, Y/n's lawyer," he sticks his hand out and Sebastian looks at his hand and walks to sit across from me. Henry nods and starts talking about how this is going to work.

I can feel his stare dig into my skin. I glance at him and look away immediately. "Can we please talk alone?" Sebastian interrupts Henry.

"I don't think that is a good idea," his lawyer says hesitantly.

"Please," he pleaded. His lawyer looks at me and my lawyer does the same. I nod softly and they both exit the room.

The room becomes silent and uncomfortable as Sebastian just sits there and stares at me until he speaks. "Y/n are you sure you want to do this?" He looks at me with tears in his eyes.

I look at him, "Honestly I think it's for the best." He wipes his tears and shakes his head slightly, "So you're just going to let our relationship be thrown away?"

"You threw our relationship away 2 years ago," I say coldly because it's true. The instant he started blaming me for things that no one could control, that's when he messed it up.

Our lawyers come back in and sat down. Henry gives me the papers and sees my name on the papers, Y/n Stan.

I look up at my husband one last time. I let out a shaky sigh and sign away. As I finished signing I hear a sob. My eyes get watery but I quickly wipe them away.

He hurt me, and he's the one crying. How unfair.

I'm Y/n Y/l/n now.

His lawyer hands him the paper I just signed and he just stares at it. "Come on Sebastian," his lawyer says softly. Almost like he was trying to say it's over. He quickly signed it and got up and left.

"Ok y/n, it's done," my lawyer says. I stand up, "Thank you." I walk away and go to my car. As I get in, I throw my purse to the passenger side and shut the door. The tears I held back while in there finally came down my face.

I will always love him even if he hurt me. You can't just forget someone that made you happy for most of your life. It just isn't possible.

I wish my mother would have told me about the dark side of getting married. So maybe I could have avoided this unfortunate event.

Not all marriages are sparkles and rainbows. It's difficult to maintain a good relationship. Most people try and succeed, but most couples are unlucky.

I went from marrying my best friend to divorcing my greatest enemy.