Heartbreak

Y/n POV

"Y/n!" my sister calls out as she walks into my bedroom. I lay on my bed and stare at the ceiling. "Y/n, hey," she sits on the edge of my bed. I look at her and smile softly.

"Let's go out today? I was thinking we could go shopping then we could go eat at-", I cut her off," I'm sorry Kay but I think I'll stay in." She looks at me with concern in her eyes. "I'm fine I just want to be alone ok?" She sights, "ok well I'm going to head home ok?" She kisses my forehead and leaves my house.

I stay in bed for a couple of minutes. I hug his pillow and pretend it's him. My sister thinks I'm insane for keeping his pillowcase but it still smells like him. I miss him.

After a couple of minutes of laying on my bed, I decide to get up and try to do some chores. I walk to my closet and see his tuxedo. I tried throwing it away but I just can't seem to bring myself to do it. It's just a reminder of all the pain.

My heart hurts at the thought of him. He was the one who completed me. Now that he's gone, I'm half of what I used to be.

Next day

There is a knock at my front door and I get up from the bed and open it. "Mom," is all I say. My mom hasn't been visiting me as often as my sister but I know she sends Kay to check up on me. "Darling," she walks in and closes the door," let's go to the beach!" I just shake my head. She huffs.

"That is enough Y/n! You have to stop this madness!" She yells annoyed. I stare at her and I feel a tear run down my face. She stares at me, "it's been 5 months sweetheart, you have to move on." I fully break down.

How can she tell me to move on?! He was the love of my life. I wipe my tears," please leave." She stares at me in shock. "Leave mom," I say while opening the front door. "You are being childish Y/n!"

"No! You don't get to tell me when I stop my sadness! You don't get it mom!," I cry. "It hurts mom! The hardest part is we didn't break this heart! Nobody cheated or lied!" I cry. Truth is our relationship was perfect, just one day everything changed.

She looks at me with guilt in her eyes. "How can I move on mom? I loved him for way too long," I say. She looks down and smiles softly at the thought of Chris and I in our astronaut costumes at the age of 6.

Chris Beck and I met in preschool and became best friends instantly. We both loved space and all things NASA so we immediately connected. Our parents had bought us astronaut costumes and we were always in them.

In middle school, Chris started dated Lindsey. I was devastated. I had developed a crush on him and now he was dating someone else.

Chris and Lindsey dated until 10th grade when Lindsey decided to cheat on Chris. I was here for Chris the entire time. We became closer. A couple of months later he kissed me and that was the start of our relationship.

My mom looks at me and walks out of my house. I close the door and walk into the kitchen. I pour myself a glass of whiskey and sit on the couch. I sip my drink and look at the picture frame on the table beside me. I lay on the couch and cry out his name.

I either hold on to him or let him go but either way, it's going to kill me.

I get up and walk into my room. I change clothes and head out.

I walk around town and make my way to Chris. Tears slowly make their way down my face.

I panic and decided it's best to make my way back home. I walk as fast as I could and finally arrive at my house. I close the door and sit on the couch.

I grab the picture frame and look at it. He looks so handsome. I miss him.

"Hey Chris, I left a rose on your headstone, I never quite know what to say. I miss you tons. I wish I could hug you one more time. I wish I could have one more night with you Beck. Why'd you have to leave me?" I cried.

Chris went on a mission and never came back. His suite had complications and he died doing what he loved.