Must've Never Met You

Y/n POV

"Just pick yourself up Y/n, dust yourself off the girl you'll be ok without him," my friend said smiling.
I nod and smile slightly. "It isn't that hard," she puts her hand on my shoulder and smiles. Maybe she's right.

You see my boyfriend Chris and I were together for 5 years but when it was time for him to go on the Ares III mission he admitted to cheating on me with my best friend, Beth Johanssen.

Chris and I met in high school and we had the best time together. We hung out after school. During vacation, we would spend it with each other.

Beth was my best friend since childhood. We had gone through everything together. Her first heartbreak I was there for her taking care of her. When my parents divorced she spend the night with me for a straight week because I was too depressed to get out of bed.

I never thought that two of my favorite people in the world would turn their backs on me.

It's been a couple of months since he left for space and somehow I just can't move on.

My family and friends have tried to make me feel better but all they can say is 'you need to move on' blah blah blah like if I haven't been trying to do that.

"I'm leaving now ok? I love you. Just put one foot in front of the other," my friend says and hugs me goodbye before leaving my house.
I smile and watch her leave. That hasn't been getting me too far.

I go to my room and lay on my bed. I groan and stuff my face in my pillow. This moving on is not coming along the way everyone's been saying it would.

Whoever said the grass is greener must have never seen the other side and what Kelly Clarkson once sang "What doesn't kill you makes you strong" sure sounds like a lie.

Everyone always says "It ain't the end of the world you'll find somebody new soon" but they must've never met you.

They never saw Chris tell me he'd never leave and then walk away from me forever.

I fell so hard for him and he didn't even care! I would have done anything for him. Maybe these people who keep telling me to just move on have never fallen for someone as hard as I did. Because then they would say we weren't meant to be and I'm better off alone.

I guess as he gets farther away from the earth, the more I have to forget him and move on.

I apologize for this one is so short!

Inspired by the song "Must've Never Met You" by Luke Combs.