Stay

Summary: In which Sebastian leaves Y/n every night and she's finally had enough.
Inspired by the song "Stay" by Sugarland.

I'm laying on the couch in the living room staring at the clock on the wall, it read 5:30 PM. This is usually the time she calls. I pray silently that she won't call.

It's just another call from home, he'll pick it up and be gone leaving me in tears.

Ring ring

I stay quiet and listen to the phone ringing until it stops.

"Hello," he says.

I feel the tears in the corners of my eyes. It's her. You can tell by the change of his voice.

"Y/n, I'll be back. Something came up at work," he lies. I stand up from the couch and walk towards him. I hug him, "Do you have to leave?"

He sights and pushes me away slowly, "You know I have to go."

He walks out and leaves me alone waiting, with my heart on my sleeve.

It seems like a million years that he's been gone and I think I'm dying.

What do I have to make him see that she can't love him like me?

Next day

It's that time again. Waiting for the phone to ring so he can leave me all alone.

Ring ring

I sight and race to the phone before he gets it but he's faster than me.

"Hello," he says. I can hear her soft voice on the other side of the phone. She sounds perfect.

I look at him and his answer is always the same. 'I'll be there'

He's told me before that there will come a time when he'll leave her arms and forever be in mine, but I don't think that's the truth. Especially since he's been saying it for more than 3 years.

I don't like being used and I'm tired of waiting.

He hangs up and looks at me. "W-who was it?," I say with no confidence. "Work," he replies.

I look down and I finally have the confidence to ask who the angelic voice belonged to.

"Who is she?" I ask trying so hard not to cry. He looks at me with confusion.

"Why don't you stay?" I ask while grabbing his face."I'm so tired of being lonely Seb."

His face shows sadness, regret.  He knows his secret is out. He tries to say something but no words come out of his mouth. "Don't I give you what you need?" I ask sadly.

"When she calls you to go, there is one thing you should know, we didn't have to live this way, Sebastian."

It's too much pain to bear to love a man you have to share.

I can't take it any longer, and my will is getting strong. I think I know just what I have to do.

I have to leave. I can't waste another minute after all I've done for this relationship. I've given it my best, yet she always gets the best of him.

I'm up off my knees. I'm so tired of being lonely, but he can't give me what I need.

"When she begs you not to go, there is one thing you should know. I don't have to live this way, so baby why don't you just stay," I say while kissing Sebastian's cheek and walking out of our home.

I'm sorry most of these imagines are sad. It's just easier for me to write how I feel.