Better Man

Summary: Y/n loves Sebastian but he is drifting away from her every day. She is too in love with him to just let him go. He knows she wouldn't leave him, and he's right. Or is he?

I know I'm probably better off on my own
Than lovin' a man who didn't know
What he had when he had it

Sebastian is the love of my life, but I'm better on my own. I wish he loved me as I love him. I can't love a man who only took advantage of me and completely ignored the fact that I was always there for him. He had everything but it's all gone now, including myself.

And I see the permanent damage you did to me
Never again, I just wish I could forget when it was magic

Every time with Sebastian was magical. He always made me laugh, and he made me the happiest person alive. Goodness, I wish I could forget those memories.

Sebastian changed me. In every wrong way. My friends didn't want
to be my friends because they said I was a completely different person. After Seb, I can no longer trust people like I used to, but I'm done. Never again will he hurt me.

I wish it wasn't four am, standing in the mirror
Saying to myself, you know you had to do it I know
The bravest thing I ever did was run

Waking up at 4 A.M. wasn't fun. It was the saddest time of the day. I would stare at myself in the mirror and wonder what would have happened if I just stayed with Sebastian. Then I remember everything and I say to myself that I had to. I had to be brave and run.

Sometimes, in the middle of the night, I can feel you again
But I just miss you, and I just wish you were a better man

Every day since I felt Sebastian I wake up in the middle of the night and I swear I can feel his presence. I miss him so much. As the days go by I miss him a bit more but I just wish he was a better man. I wish he wasn't that monster person he turned into. I wish he was his old self. The one I fell in love with.

And I know why we had to say goodbye
Like the back of my hand
And I just miss you, and I just wish you were a better man
A better man

Sometimes I space out and my brain goes back to the day I said goodbye. I know it like the back of my hand. I could tell you every single thing that happened that night. I just wish he was a better man so maybe I didn't have to live with this taunting memory of him and me.

I know I'm probably better off all alone
Than needing a man who could change his mind at any given minute

I know that I'm better of alone than Seb in my life. He always changed his mind at any given minute. One minute I'm the love of his life and the next I was his victim.

And it's always on your terms
I'm hanging on every careless word
Hoping it might turn sweet again
Like it was in the beginning

It was always on his terms. He ruled my life. He told what to wear and what not to wear. He would criticize me, saying the most hurtful things to me. Till this day I hang on to his careless words, hoping they turn sweet again like when we first started dating.

But your jealousy, I can hear it now
You're talking down to me like I'll always be around
You push my love away like it's some kind of loaded gun
Boy, you never thought I'd run

I could never talk to my friends back home. His jealousy overtook him every time I tried to catch up with my friends. He hated it because he thought that I was going to leave him at any moment. He would yell and he would talk down on me like if I'd always be around. I would try and tell him that I loved him too much to leave him, but he'd just push my love away like if I was some kind of loaded gun. He never thought that I would get tired of this and just run away.

Sometimes, in the middle of the night, I can feel you again
But I just miss you, and I just wish you were a better man

As I am in bed I can feel his body next to mine. I miss him, but gosh I just wish he was a better man.

And I know why we had to say goodbye
Like the back of my hand

Working is difficult sometimes because I can't focus on anything because the only thing on my mind is him and the day we ended it.

And I just miss you, and I just wish you were a better man
A better man
Better man

I just simply miss him and I wish he was a better man.

I hold onto this pride because these days it's all I have

He ruined me but I still have some pride. I hold on to it because he took everything and that's all I have pride.

And I gave you my best and we both know you can't say that
You can't say that

I gave him everything. My best, my all. I know I can't say the same about him because he didn't give enough back.

I wish you were a better man
I wonder what we would've become
If you were a better man

I wonder what we would have become if he was just a better man. Maybe we'd be happy or maybe we wouldn't but I can't say.

We might still be in love
If you were a better man

We'd probably still be in love to his day. If only he was a better man.

You would've been the one
If you were a better man

He would have been the one. We would have gotten married and lived happily ever after. Maybe have some of our own.

Sometimes, in the middle of the night, I can feel you again
And I just miss you, and I just wish you were a better man
And I know why we had to say goodbye
Like the back of my hand
And I just miss you and I just wish you were a better man
We might still be in love if you were a better man
Better man

If only he was a better man...