Chapter One

I rolled over and hit the snooze button on my shrieking alarm clock for what seemed like the billionth time this morning.

I decided to check the time since I have gotten too much sleep, which is unusual for me.

'7:00,' the phone read.

School starts in twenty minutes! It's only my first day and I'm going to be tardy! I thought as I sprinted around my apartment to get ready.

I quickly threw on a baggy t-shirt, blue jeans, and pulled my hair up in a messy bun.

So much for looking nice.

I run out of my apartment and turn in the direction I think the school is.

I had been to the school a week prior to my enrollment, but I barely got a glimpse of the surrounding area.

I eventually jog into a construction zone. I decided to slow my pace so I wouldn't break my neck from tripping over the hundreds of concrete blocks lying around.

I glance to the right and in the midst of bricks, wood, and tools I notice that a small bookstore was being built.

I have always been an avid reader since I was a kid, but I had never lived close to a bookstore.

I'm going to have to check that out once it opens, I thought with a smile.

I contemplated going back home since it was already late and I wasn't sure where to go.

I mentally facepalmed for not thinking about using Google Maps.

I reached in my purse for where my phone should have been, but instead of touching my phone, my fingers brushed the soft cloth of the purse.

I frantically searched every nook and cranny of my purse, but I couldn't find it.

I must have forgotten to grab it on my way out of the apartment. I can still make it to school on time if I could just find someone who could give me directions, I thought to myself.

I saw a guy about my age walking towards me with a coffee in hand, so I jog towards him.

A sharp pain shot through my foot as I tripped over one of those damn cement blocks that I tried so hard to avoid earlier.

I felt a solid, warm surface under my head, and to my horror, I had landed right on the stranger's chest.

My shirt felt a bit sticky, so I looked down and discovered that my shirt was covered in the stranger's coffee.

I looked at the stranger and I noticed his shirt had an identical brown stain.

I started to panic when I realized that I had not only fallen on this stranger, but I made him spill his coffee on his shirt as well.

Can this day get any worse?!

A/N: Hey guys, I know this chapter was a bit boring, but don't worry, it'll pick up! Thank you all for reading! Leave a comment or vote if you enjoyed!

~Booksie <3