Chapter 4

Hey hey hey I'm back with more Shui moments :D

I groaned in pain, stirring from the darkness. 

An unfamiliar, completely destroyed sight stood in front of me. Where am I? And why does my left knee hurt so badly? 

I glanced down and nearly blacked out again when I saw thick bandages wrapped around it, dark liquid just barely penetrating it. Then all the memories came flooding back. I quickly sat up. Where is everyone else? 

As if just answering my question, Lui strode into the compartment. His eyes landed on me and flickered up and down. I probably looked hideous with white pieces of hair sticking out, dazed eyes and a tired expression. 'I look like a mess, don't I?'

'No,' Lui paused. 'You look...cute.'

My eyes widened in surprise, and so did his. I guess his mouth shot off without his permission. As if wanting to avoid what he just said, he quickly added, 'It's nearly quarter past six in the evening. You've been out since ten in the morning. You must be hungry, there's food in the main compartment. That's were everyone else is. Everyone seems okay. No one unconscious. I say Miyu took the brunt of it. She hasn't came to in hours.'

I immediately leapt out of the less-than-comfortable seat and crossed over to where Miyu was lying, her hands still touching her elbows in a criss-cross fashion. 'At least the bleeding seems to have stopped.'

'Yeah,' agreed Lui, joining me as his purple eyes scanned Miyu. Her orange hair had fallen out from her messy bun, covering her glasses and majority of her face. Bruises lined her jawline and there was a small cut above her eyebrow. A crash could do so much to the human body. 'We're just lucky Mr. Tendo has a worried wife and was packed with bandages.'

'Mr. Tendo?' my eyes flickered up to meet his. He nodded, the sky blue flames bobbing up and down. 

'The business man,' he explained. He gestured towards the main compartment and began leading me towards it, where a white glow was radiating from. 'C'mon, I'll introduce you to everyone.'

The warm glow wasn't coming from the rectangular light bulbs. They were completely shattered. They were coming from emergency torches, which were being swung everywhere. The passengers and driver had huddled into a circle, sharing and showing each other all their possessions, determining which one could help this current situation. This whole sight made me aware that this was not a dream or a movie, but very, very, real. Whatever hope I had this was a nightmare had completely vanished. 

'Ah, there's the young man!' a tall man with salt-and-pepper man stood up and welcomed me. His voice was a match to Mr. Tanaka's. 'Come join us. We'll introduce each other again. I'm Mr. Tanaka, the driver who does not get paid enough for this job.'

He chuckled lightly as Lui and I took our places in the circle next to Ayumi. A nudge from Ayumi told us to introduce ourselves. 'I'm Shu Kurenai, and some may recognize me as a demonic psycho from the Beyblade God Blader's Cup.'

'Lui Shirasagijo, and I promise you Shu's over his maniac stage,' he said, shooting me a look. 'I'm also the best blader.'

'That title belongs to Valt,' I glared at him.

'In a month, to me,' he sniped back.

'You still have to beat me and Free.'

'Easy.' 

'Didn't seem that easy to you at the God Blader's Cup.'

'Can we just continue introducing ourselves?' Ayumi exhaled loudly while picking on her nails, clearly bored of our beyblade bicker. I didn't miss two girls giggling to themselves and blushing when I looked over at them. Their happiness immediately went away when Ayumi sent a death glare towards their way.