23

-10 Weeks Later -

It's been 10 weeks since I had surgery, 10 weeks since I found out that I had stage 3 cancer, how am I holding up you ask?. Well things are tough, I'm more than nervous to start my Chemo, which I start today.

I told myself that I was going to stay calm and I could get through it if I don't think about it, it's harder than you think, knowing that you're gonna lose your hair during the process, and you'll get sick . I looked at myself in the mirror looking at my head full of hair one last time . I fiddled with my fingers as I tried to apply some makeup to my face, my hands were shanking, my whole body was wobbly . I dropped my mascara in the toilet letting out a frustrating Scream .

Derek rushed in "What's going on? Are you okay ?"  I rolled my eyes slightly wiping off my mascara "Yes just peachy"

I sighed wrapping my arms around my boyfriends neck lying my head in the crook of his shoulder, he wrapped his arms around my torso giving me a tight squeeze. "I'm scared Derek, I don't know if I can get through this." I mumbled into his shoulder .

"You will get through this"
I looked up at him as he gave me a smile kissing my forehead "Ready to go?" I slowly nodded my head walking out of the bathroom grabbing my phone, Derek grabbed my hand before we walked out to the car .

I got in buckling myself as I lied my head against the window, the car ride was quite, I looked down seeing Derek placing his hand on my leg not taking his eyes off the road .

We arrived at the hospital, my heart began to race rapidly as we walked inside, I squeezed Derek's hand tightly waiting for the doctor in the waiting room, I layed my head on his shoulder .

"Miss Maloley" the doctor spoke, We both followed the doctor into a room, "Sir you're gonna have to stay out here" He told Derek, he nodded his head, he gave me a quick kiss before I followed the doctor into a room with a single chair . I sat down in it as he lifted up my sleeve placing some rubbing alcohol on it and stuck a IV in my arm, as some liquid shot through it .

"Now we are gonna keep this process going for about 6 weeks"

I slowly nodded looking down and back up at the doctor, 30 minutes have passed, he took the IV out of my arm . "All done for today, now you might feel a little dizzy for a few hours and you might get nauseous. That's totally normal, drink lots of water for today and try to eat some soup . Get lots of rest" He explained to me guiding me back to Derek .

"Uhm... when will I start losing my hair?" I questioned softly, "About 2 weeks into the chemo"

I thanked him before we walked back out to the car, I stayed quiet the whole car ride home . I walked into the house standing in the doorway, feeling tears well up in my eyes "Babe?" Derek questioned softly standing in front of me, I looked him in the eyes as tears fell down my cheeks . His face softened, I lunges towards him hugging him tightly, "it's gonna be okay Babygirl" He cooed in my ear rubbing my shoulder . I swallowed softly and sniffled staying in his arms, he slowly rocked me back and forth .

"Go get comfy, I'll bring you something to eat" he mumbled pecking my ear, I wiped my eyes with my sleeve as I headed upstairs changing into some pajama pants and tied my hair back, getting into bed resting my back on the bed frame covering my waist down with the blanket .

My phone buzzed seeing I got a few texts .

Del💖: D told me that you just had your first chemo today. Hope it went well! I love you 💕
K: thank you ❤️

Stewie🐒: Hey Sis, how you holding up?

K: Okay. I wanna see you 😔. Can you stop by?😭