29

"What if something is wrong with the baby?" I mumbled rubbing my stomach, Derek walked in front of me grabbing my hands, rubbing them softly . "It'll be okay" He rubbed my cheek, kissing my forehead.

I groaned as another pain shot through me, I rested my forehead on his shoulder . A doctor walked in as I squeezed my boyfriends hand "We have some bad news.. the umbilical cord was wrapped around the baby's neck.. she didn't make it. We're so sorry." The doctor walked back out .

My heart instantly exploded, Derek pulled me into a hug, I just stared at the ground not saying a word . "Baby" Derek mumbled into my neck, I slowly swallowed feeing cold tears fall down my cheeks .
"Ca-can we go?" I choked  getting off the hospital bed. I quietly walked out to the car, getting in as I buckled myself up, laying my head against the window .

The whole car ride was deadly silent, only the radio was making sound, Derek grabbed my hand rubbing the back of it with his thumb . I sniffled wiping the tears that were forming my eyes "It was a girl" .

He gave me a small smile, "we could always try again. It happens" He mumbled pulling up into the driveway before turning off the car .
I walked into the house, walking into the kitchen and stood there looking down at the floor as I closed my eyes .

I turned around quickly to find Derek standing there "You lied to me!". I walked closer to him pushing his chest away from me and towards the door .  "You told me everything was going to be okay!". I began to hit his arm repeatedly, begging to sob . "We lost our daughter! We lost our babygirl..we-." I paused as I choked on my words sliding my back against the wall with my head in my hands .

I quietly cried hugging my knees tightly , I felt Derek's arms wrap around me and being pulled close to his chest . He softly kissed my temple cooing in my ear.
I clenched onto his arms, as we just lied there, on the ground.

-Derek's Pov-
"Babe?" I questioned softly but I got no response, I looked down to find her sleeping quietly, tear stains on her cheeks. I quietly picked her up and carried her to the couch, laying her down covering her up with the blanket as I kissed her head, sitting on the other couch.