33. Christmas Spirit

Chapter 33:

Christmas spirt

Pete's POV

Everything ran smoothly the next few weeks, Patrick basically moved in with me, Andy had told his parents he liked it better here and about all his new friends and that he was dating someone down here, they agreed to let him live over with Brendon and Dallon till Christmas vacation, then they would discuss their options.

"Merry Christmas Eve Eve Eve Eve Eve Eve Eve Eve.. Eve." Patrick said walking into our room.

"What was that 10 eves?"

"Nine actually." Patrick informed me, pulling on a shirt from the pile of shirts in my room, I don't even think he looked at which shirt he pulled on. "Can we decorate the house yet?" Patrick asked bouncing over to the bed with a smile.

"Do we have to?" I asked pouting at him.

"Yes, Pete!!" Patrick pulled me up, despite my whinnying about movement and how I just wanted to sleep.

"Mom!" Patrick called, which was funny since he was talking to my Mom.

"What can I help you with 'Trick?" My Mom said, from the kitchen.

"Can we decorate the house for Christmas?"

"Well I must warn you, we aren't much of holiday people but we have a tree and some decorations in the attic. Go nuts with them."

"Thank you! My family was over the top Christmassy so I'm fairly sure I can make this house look christmassy in no time!" My mom just laughed at Patrick and sent us off to decorate.

I curled up into the sofa pulling out my phone.

"Pete!!" Pattycakes whined "what are you doing?"

"I was taking a nap, I'm tired and the house looks great!"

"Nope, we only have a tree and some stockings up, we need to go to Walmart and get more stuff!" I groaned loudly.

"Do we have too?"

"Of course!!" Patrick said kissing my cheek, grabbing my phone that had started ringing.

"Sup Bren?" I said clicking it onto speaker.

"Hey Pete, hi Patrick, so you know how we gave out those cards a while ago well a radio station just called and they want to interview us and have us give a live performance!" Bren screamed at us.

"ARE YOU SERIOUS? WHY?" I called jumping off the sofa.

"They are doing this thing to promote new and upcoming hometown bands and I guess we fit the criteria!" Dallon screamed at us.

"When?" Patrick said jumping to hug me, our band was actually getting popular.

"This weekend, I'm calling an emergency band meeting at my house right now!" Bren happily informed us, well that was better than going to Walmart. We both agreed, running to find my mom and ask for a ride over.

"Panic explanation mark in the house!" Brendon called bouncing up to hug me and Patrick. The rest of our band and Andy sat around the room all chattering.

"Holy shit we need to pick our songs and practice the fuck out of them" Joe said, looking up at us, panicked.

"Okay, i write sins not tragedies of course, 27, Thanks For the Memories, Dance Dance.. any others?" Spencer started listing our original songs.

"I wrote a song but um I don't know it's probably shit." Dallon mumbled.

"Lets hear it Dal!" Patrick encouraged him to sing.

"Could this be love at first sight, or should I walk by again? You're photogenically dressed, the conversation begins. Oh god, now what did I say? Let me start over again. Could this be love at first sight, oh wait I said that before. I need a place for the night, happy to sleep on the floor, But don't go out of your way and I won't talk anymore." Dallon finished blushing and looking at the ground.

"That was amazing!" Brendon jumped on him to hug tackle him.

"Okay let's add that to the mix." I said, grabbing a piece of paper to write these all down on. What about that one you sang for me ages ago the first time we... Um.." I trailed off making everyone laugh and Spencer look uncomfortable.

"Yeah it's called Just one Yesterday." Patrick informed me as I wrote it down.

"And a new one I'm just working on, it's called nine in the afternoon."

We stayed up all night working on getting our songs ready, Andy was heading home before then but he did inform us if we ever needed help he played drums (not trying to steal you thunder Spencer he had added with a nervous laugh.) In the morning we all headed up to Target to get something to wear to the interview and live show. In the end Brendon got his way and we all got ugly Christmas sweaters to wear, even Andy got one though he was leaving tomorrow. We decided on another adiós for now Andy party, which would hopefully involve much more sleep than last nights.

"So looking forward to seeing your family again?" I asked Andy, sitting down on the sofa next to him.

"Yeah, I love you guys, but I do miss my parents." He admitted.

"What about Joe? How's things with him?" I tried to make small talk as the others got us food. A smile played up on his lips.

"Really, really good, he's the best, and he understands that I miss my family and stuff." I nodded.

"What's Patrick's family like? I mean minus the homophobic asshole part?" I asked him.

"Pretty chill actually, I mean they force us to go to church, I'm probably still in shit for getting kicked out of that but anyways, strict but nice I mean I guess not know but they use to be yaknow?"

Everyone fell asleep quite early since we had our all nighter last night, of course all curled up other than Spencer who slept in his own little corner, away from all the cuddling.

A/N: Songs I used in this chapter:

-Love at First Sight by The Brobecks

SOTC: You're invited By Ryan Ross

Love and Brendon's Leather pants Xo ashley!marie