(15) - Recovering

Cherry was only sick for three ish days, which was great. Unfortunately both Emerson and I caught it. And then Hayden got it and I never heard the end of it. Cherry spent the four days I was sick very concerned for me. Which was sweet, but when you feel like shit and really want to nap it is just about the most annoying thing in the world.
"Cherry, I love you, but please let me sleep. Go find Sebastian or Daniel." I muttered before burying my face in my pillow.
"Otay. 'Ove you." She kissed my cheek and dropped carefully out of the bunk. "Thebathan!" She called as walked through the bus. I sighed and finally fell asleep.

———

   Only to wake up an hour later and go throw up. I was brushing my teeth and Hayden found me.
"I hate you." She said, "but you look as miserable as I feel and I feel too shitty to yell at you. Now move so I can brush my teeth." I spit and rinsed my brush and then shuffled past her.
"You're the devil." Emerson muttered as he climbed back into his bunk.
"'S not my fault." I mumbled and laid down in my bunk. Sebastian helped Cherry up into my bunk and the two of us watched movies for most of the day. Cherry fell asleep and I got out to the bunk so I wouldn't wake her up. I slumped down at the table across from Sebastian.
"She's a weird kid." He said.
"Mmm."
"Cute though." He had a smirk on his face.
"Wha's that look for?" I mumbled and rubbed my face with my hand.
"Wanna know a secret?"
"If you don't wanna be punched." He rolled his eyes.
"When I brought her back to your bunk awhile ago I did it because of what she told me." The suspense was killing me.
"Tell or I'll kick you."
"She told me she wanted to see 'Daddy' which was hard to understand because of the way she said it." I sat up.
"You better not be fucking with me."
"I swear I'm not."
"Really?"
"Ask one more time and I'll hit you." I grinned.
"Holy fuck!" Sebastian smiled.
"I'm proud of you, Rem. That little girl thinks the world of you. I admit I was skeptical when you first started fostering her, but I have come around." Super douche had a heart. Who knew.
"I-Uh-" I ran my fingers through my hair. "Thank you. Oh fuck!" I stood and ran down the hall to the bathroom. After loosing the minimal contents of my stomach into the toilet I decided to see if I could get a little more sleep.  I crawled into my bunk beside Cherry and pulled her against my chest. I had almost fallen asleep when I heard her quiet voice.
"'Ove you, Deedee." Before she buried her face in my chest and went back to sleep.
"Love you too, Stargazer."

———

That night was the first time since I broke my arm that I really felt like things had gone back to normal. Right up until I had to run off stage to throw up. Could've done without that. But I could move my arm without it screaming in protest and Cherry stood to the side dancing the entire time. When we finished our set Cherry came on stage and asked to be picked up. With much difficulty I picked her and kissed her forehead. She giggled before wrapping her arms around my neck.
"I seepy." She mumbled.
"Me too. We'll go to bed soon. Promise. Can you wave?" She turned her head and waved at the crowd who awwed. Cherry rested her head on my shoulder and stuck her necklace in her mouth. We walked off stage.
In the dressing room I sat her on the couch while we packed up. When we were finished and walking out the door Cherry asked, "Where Deenul?" After a quick search revealed that he wasn't with us I sighed.
"I'm not sure, Stargazer, but we'll find him." He wasn't outside either.
"Where's Curcio?" Sebastian asked. Cherry poked me until I looked down at her.
"What?"
"Up!" I crouched down and had her wrap her arms around my neck, then using my good arm I lifted her off the ground.
"Remington!" I looked at Sebastian.
"Hmm?"
"Have you seen Curcio?"
"No. He was just with us in the dressing room."
"I'll go look inside." Twenty minutes we found him and by the time everything was packed up Cherry was asleep in my arms. Looking back on it I should have appreciated those little moments with her more than I did. But I learned my lesson and I don't take those little moments for granted anymore.

Shameless self promo: check out my Palaye one shot book! I take requests!