Chapter 4 - Legend Hunters - Part 1

Eclipsa shifted uncomfortably on her throne as she wondered what happened to the monster group that she sent at the Butterfly Castle. They were supposed to reach the castle gates and give a signal for the army to come in. Sunrise was close, Eclipsa started to panic inside. The Butterfly Castle was supposed to fall before the sunrise. Eclipsa's thoughts got interrupted when the throne room's doors opened wide. Eclipsa stood up from her throne with a sense of relief.

"Finally, I was starting the get worried. Let's start our siege on the..." Eclipsa stopped talking when she saw two guards carrying the general inside, the general that was supposed to lead the group. For an indestructible lizard, he looked like half dead. He had an expression of pure fear carved on to his face. His whole right arm was missing. He had bruises all over his body and maybe a couple of broken bones.

Eclipsa walked towards him with a lot of questions rushing through her head. She looked at his missing arm and wondered how it happened.

"What happened? Where is the rest of the group?"

When the lizard's gaze met with her, Eclipsa could see the terror in his eyes. "They ran away after what happened. I told them there was no escape from what we saw. But they ran away anyways. I can't regenerate my arm back. I came here to warn you."

Eclipsa though about what could stop her monsters and she could only come up with one answer. "Who did this? Was it Queen Moon and the Royal Army?"

"No my queen, they had no chance against my army."

Eclipsa was getting impatient with every second. "Then tell me who did this." She pointed towards her general's missing arm. "Tell me who they are."

The general lowered his head. "Not they..." Eclipsa's anger turned into confusion in a blink. "Him, it's only one person. He claims to be many things, but I know the truth. I know what he is; He is Death walking on Mewni. I know this since I saw his glowing red eyes behind his mask."

It took a little time to progress it but when the truth hit Eclipsa panic begun to rise in her. "Did you said glowing red eyes? Did... he have two crescent moons glowing on his cheeks too?"

"Yes my queen, but how did you know?" 

Eclipsa rushed out of the throne room and ran towards her room where she kept Marco's dimensional scissors. She opened a portal and stepped in.

When Eclipsa stepped out of the portal into Marco's prison, she saw Marco was not there anymore. Eclipsa paced around the room trying to think of a plan when she saw a piece of paper lying on Marco's bed. She opened the folded paper slowly. There were only five letters on the paper. But those five letters were enough for the fear inside Eclipsa to rose.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Star was getting ready for the big day ahead of her. She was going to hang out with Tom and Janna all day looking for an adventure. She got better and better since the silver bell ball. Tom was helping her as much as he can to free Star from the burden inside her. Star knew that was impossible and that burden was going to be there for the rest of her life. But she chose to hide this fact for the greater good. Tom was still trying to get back with her. But Star was still not recovered from Marco's death.

She was about to leave when she heard a knock at her door. 

"Come in."

When the door opened a royal guard was standing on the other side. "Uhh princes, your mother wants to speak with you in the throne room. She says she needs your help with something."

"Say her I will be there in a minute." The guard bowed and left the room with a hurry. Star wondered what was going on because her mother didn't ask for help from her since Marco, she was trying to make her life comfortable as it can get, but Star never asked for that. So she was happy to be able to help her mother. She looked at her compact and saw a message from Tom saying they were waiting at the castle gates. She quickly replied and explained what was going on. Then she rushed out of the room and ran towards the throne room to see what was wrong.

Star reached the throne room and saw a big group of peasants yelling and arguing at each other while they were describing something to her mom. The panic and terror on their faces were visible outside.

Star wait until the conversation was over and the peasants were gone then she walked towards her mom's throne. Moon was looking very confused and worried. She didn't realize Star was there until Star made a little fake cough to get her attention.

"Oh Star you're here, sorry I am a little distracted. The whole kingdom is going crazy because of a rumor. But I am too busy to look into it. That's why I wanted your help. I want you to investigate this rumor and find out if it's true or not."

Star was a little confused. "But what am I investigating. What is the rumor."

"Peasants are saying their village was attacked by monsters last night and someone in a mask defended them against a group of monsters."

"Ok, But I don't get why are you interested in this story."

"Because they are saying that the group of monsters was led by a lizard. But it doesn't end there, They say; the masked man had glowing cheek marks at the masks surface and a magical sword that can hurt lizards. People say he calls him The Forgotten."

Star was getting more curious about this rumor more she heard about it. "Ok, mom I will investigate this rumor and report to you if I find something."

"Thank you, darling. You can leave now."

Star left the throne room and met with Janna and Tom at the castle gates. Star told them about the rumor and how her mother wanted her the investigate it. And it looked like they were interested in this story as much as she and they wanted to tag along.

"So are we trying to bust a myth or something?" Tom said.

"No, I wouldn't call it a myth. It's more like we are hunting down a legend." Star replied.

"The legend of the Forgotten huh. I still think it is fake." Janna added.

Going on a little adventure with her friend brought a smile to Star's face. She grabbed their arms and rushed towards the village with such joy. Completely unaware of the person watching them from a distance behind a mask, with pain hidden behind his eyes and a faint smile on his face.

To Be Continued...

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡