Chapter 10

For AnnMarieThrush

"Scott." I kept my eyes closed as Scott kissed my neck. His arm wrapped around my waist.

"Good morning beautiful." I felt my cheeks grow hot. I turned to lay on my back to look at him. He was propped up on his elbow.

"Why did you do that in the meeting yesterday?"

"I was bored." I rolled my eyes. He ran his fingers through my hair. "You act so confident when we're alone. I like it."

"Why are we always in my room?" He fell back with a groan, hiding his face in embarrassment.

"Because my room is messy."

"Your room is messy?" He nodded. "Are you scared of Mr. Yakutz?" I accidentally blurted out my thoughts. Scott shifted on the bed.

"I'm scared of what he'll do to you." I came to lay on his chest. "You're not a druggie like my ex so he isn't going to use that against you. Terry ruined me for awhile. I walked in on him fucking the one I was suppose to marry. My fiancé was high and would do anything to get a fix."

"Then why were you with him?" He was twirling a piece of my hair around his finger.

"I like fixing what's broken. I guess it's because I was never able to fix myself." I moved one of my legs on the other side of his body.

"Why don't you show people you're not this bad guy that you're made out to be?" He wasn't making eye contact with me. "I've read articles about you being so mean and you're not."

"Who's going to believe me?"

"I would." He smiled, grabbing my chin.

"That cute but you've had time to get to know me. Everyone else has just read about me."

"I don't even know you that well." He sat up on his elbows. He was waiting expectedly. "What's your favorite color?" He smiled.

"Blue....or green. But I don't know. I'm really liking brown." He brushed his fingers along my reddening cheek. "What about you?"

"I like purple....or red....maybe even pink. I'm not that into blue." I giggled as he flipped our positions. I was pinned against the mattress while he was hoisted above me.

"What's your favorite animal?" He pursed his lips in thought.

"I don't like animals actually."

"Really?" He shrugged. He moved to sit down with his legs crossed and I followed his actions, sitting across from him.

"My mother didn't like animals. So I guess I just....didn't like them." I looked shyly down at my lap.

"I like cats."

"Cats?" I nodded. "What type?"

"Well, sphyxn cats." He raised one of his eyebrows. "Hairless. And before you say anything bad, they're actually really cute. I wish I could get one."

"Why haven't you?"

"My old apartment wouldn't allow me to." He leaned forward to kiss me. I smiled. "Is it weird if I say you're a really good kisser?"

"It's weird if you don't. Is it weird if I say you're a sex god?"

"Not if you let me keep proving it." He moved over me to knock me back on the pillows. My smile disappeared as he kissed me. He groaned loudly as his phone went off. He slid off the bed to get it.

"I'll be there in a minute." That was the only sentence that stuck in my head.

"Don't leave." I slipped my hand into his.

"I'll be back soon. I'll make it up to you." I sighed. He came over to give me a soft kiss. "Mon chéri." I couldn't stop the grin that tugged on the corner of my lips. 'My darling'. I wonder what was with the pet names. I fell back in my bed. Scott was indescribable. "You look bored."

"Maybe I am." He was gone for five hours. It was almost time for dinner. Scott was standing the the doorway with his tie loosened and a box in his hands. He put the box gently on my desk.

"This is for you." I stood up from my chair hesitantly. "I should probably give you something to do." I examined the box.

"What is it?" I pointed at it. He shrugged.

"I don't know. Open it to find out."

"I'm scared." He rolled his eyes.

"It's the cocaine fairy. He is going to pop out and get you addicted."

"I think you're fairy enough for the both of us." He shoved me playfully with a little scoff.

"You did not just make a gay joke. Just open the damn box." I did as I was told. I gasped when I looked at the contents. "Do you like it?" I picked the cat up out of the box. It had green eyes and dark grey skin. It was a hairless cat with a little red bow around his neck. In fact, it was a kitten. It was barely bigger than both of my hands put side to side.

"I thought you hated animals." I glanced at Scott. I cradled the kitten in my arms. It was adorable.

"I've never had one so I don't know."

"You got me a cat. An expensive cat." He shrugged.

"You said you wanted one."

"But you didn't have to get me one." He suddenly looked worried.

"So you don't like him?"

"No! I mean yes I like him. I'm just saying you didn't have to."

"I wanted to." The kitten began rubbing his head against my beard, purring loudly. I set the cat on my desk and went to stand in front of Scott.

"Thank you." Since he was leaning on my desk I didn't have to stand on my toes to kiss him. He suddenly jumped. I looked down and saw the cat purring and rubbing against his side.

"He needs a name." He lifted the small kitten into his arms.

"Wyatt. Wyatt Blue." I glanced up at him. "Shut up. I've been thinking about this for a long time."

"A name as cute as his owner." I bit my lip to keep my smile from spreading. I scratched under Wyatt's chin.

"Why did you get me a cat Scott?"

"The sex is great." I pinched his arm. "Ow!"

"I'm serious."

"I'm rich. The only thing I'm able to do spoil the people around me. So let me spoil you Mitch." He handed me the cat. "Your room is set up for him too."

"Scott-" His phone went off. I cuddled up to Wyatt as Scott answered his phone.

"I'm a little busy. I'll call you later."

"Let me spoil you this time." My breath was taken away as he pulled me into a strong kiss. He was so sweet.