When storms gather

As I shuffled over in my bed from sleep, I heard roaring from the sky outside. Excited, I opened my eyes to see my room completely dark. Realizing the sky has a thick layer of clouds.

I smiled to myself, rubbed my eyes and ran to my over loaded tour bus closet.

It's funny how one second it can be completely dry and humid, and the next it be pouring down rain. I love it though. I can only think in the rain. If you just listen it's a pit and patter on the ground. With the wind whistling softly through the leaves making them dance. And the occasional distant thunder.

But it can change in an instant. From soft splashes to hard pounding, from wind softly making the trees sing to almost tearing them down, and from calm, soft thunder, it turns to frightening bolts of lightening hitting the ground all around you.

But no matter how scary it can get, remember it can also change back in an instant. Back to normal, just like your life. You can get hit with an illness or bullies or a suckish job, but it won't last forever. People can enjoy crazy storms, uh fact I love them. The safest place to be in a thunderstorm is your car. (Different story for a tornado storm, know the difference)

So as long as your mindset is safe from the storm in your life, you can wait it out carefully and not let any of the rain get to you. And when it's all over you can go outside, enjoy the breeze and find a rainbow to admire. And if you're scared of thunder, find a friend with an umbrella, and you can wait it out together.

For me that friend is Ed. He's been there for me through thick and thin. Right now it's thick, but I'm glad he's by my side. And I'm glad to say we've come closer.

It's becoming harder and harder to do the tour with my dad sick, I try to see him every week because there is no telling when it will be the last time I see him. According to the doctor he has six months. I don't like to think about that, it's like a dead line. Literally. And I don't want to see my father go, Ever.

A knock on the bathroom door interrupted my thoughts and cause me to jump.

I looked down and realized my body was red from the hot shower.

Another knock echoed through the bathroom

"Love, are you okay I there?" I heard a familiar British voice call.

"Yeah I'm fine." I called out.

As I felt the roaring of the tour bus engine I decided it would be smart to get out. I turned off the water.

I stepped out realizing that my shower was the only thing keeping me warm. So I quickly wrapped a towel around my hair and slender frame. I opened the door to the small bathroom inside my tour bus room to find Ed sitting on my bed, looking at his hands folded neatly in his lap. Right as I stepped out his head shot up to meet my gaze. Then his eyes racked over my body and back up to my face. Realizing I was underdressed he started to blush. I just giggled to myself and walked over to the closet.

"I'm sorry I thought you'd be dresses" he said automatically.

I laughed at him for being so awkward about it. I stepped in my closet and closed the door behind me. Getting dressed I heard Ed singing to himself in the other room.

"I love your hair like that, the way it falls on the side of your neck. Down your shoulders and back"

And when I opened the door he shut up and had an expression like a deer in front of headlights.

"What was that?" I asked. The first time being that I heard that song.

"It was nothing. Just thoughts." He simply answered, smirking to himself.