Chapter 17

*Althea's P.O.V.*

*A few days later*

The car was silent except for the low volume music playing from the radio.

Louis and I had found the monster, turns out it was just a vengeful ghost so it was a pretty easy case, and we were now headed home.

"I just wanna run,

hide it away.

Run because their chasin' me down."

My phone rang for the umpteenth time since we left. Niall would not quit calling me. I know he has a good reason and all but I'm going to see him a few hours in person and I feel like this type of conversation would be better faced in a face to face scenario.

"Is that Niall again? Why don't you just answer him? Did you two get in a fight?" Louis questions from beside me, drawing my attention away from my phone.

"No. No.....Well maybe......I don't know!  He's probably pissed at me." I sighed,  running a hand through my tangled hair, getting caught in its knots.

"Well, what did you do?" He replies, a casual tone to his voice, completely unaware of the bomb about to drop on him.

"I told him I was pregnant and then ran out the door on a hunting trip." My words were followed by the screeching of tires as I was thrown against my seat belt.

"What?!"

I looked over at Louis, finding his features expressing complete and utter shock.

"I'm pregnant?" It came sounding more like a question than a statement. 

Louis didn't reply. He just sat there, mouth hanging open.

We sat like this for what felt like hours before Louis regained his composure.

Still quietly he turned his attention back to the rode.

ThIs unbearable silence only lasted a few more minutes before I couldn't take it anymore. 

"Louis, please say something." I begged the silnce slowly dimineshing my previous confidence in being able to confide in him without a complete freak out.

He stared at the rode before him for a few more seconds, probably figuring out what he could say, or deciding which emotion he should go with.

"I'm just trying to decide whether to be proud you scored with someone as hot as Niall or angry because you didn't tell me earlier. How long have you known?"

I smiled with relief but also because I couldn't fight the smile when he mentioned me scoring with Niall.

"So, you're not mad?" I asked, double checking. You know just to make sure i didnt mis-read the situation.

"Why would I be mad? I didn't have anything to do with it nor do I have any right to judge you. Of coarse Niall doesn't have the advantage of not being involved and you know being locked in a car with you to talk it out."

My smile faltered slightly as I recalled my poorly handled delivary of this news to the father of my child. I stayed silent, letting the guilt wash over me. He was so pissed at me right now. I don't even know how I'll begin to apologize.

"You should call him." Louis suggests, an almost understanding expression on his face.

"What would I say?" I replied, the sting of tears causing  me to disdain the idea even more. I hated crying. I hated it with a burning passion. When I cry I feel weak, which just made me even more terrified of the upcoming 9 months.

"Tell him your sorry. You miss him and you love him. Then if he wants to talk about it, tell him you'll be home in two hours or you know hang up." He smiled teasingly.

I half smiled back at him, pulling out my phone.

As it slowly turned on I went over what I wanted to say to Niall. What I could say to try to make this a little better.

I decided just to keep it quick. Go with Louis' plan and just tell him I love him and I'll be home soon. He can yell at me all he wants when I get home.

I found his name easily as he was at the top of my favorites and my frequently contacted list. It rang only twice before his heavy Irish accent sounded through the receiver.

"Althea." He breathed, sounding more relieved than angry. I guess I should have taken into consideration the fact that I was on a hunting trip and hadn't contacted him at all. I could only imagine what I would have done in that situation.

"Hey Ni." My response was quiet and full of guilt.

"Thank god your okay. I was worried sick. I tried calling Louis but with his crappy phone service I couldn't get through. Why didn't you answer?"

"I didn't know what to say. I know that's a horrible excuse but I felt horrible about how I left things. I just kind of threw myself into the hunt instead." I answered, anxiously anticipating his reaction to my bringing up the pregnancy.

"Oh yeah. So, about this little bun we got cookin', How far along are you?" He asked. No anger in his voice, no sign of a break-up, no nothing. Just genuine curiosity.

"I-I don't know yet. I just took the test a couple hours before you found out." I replied, caught a bit off gaurd by his calm state. I guess I had just felt so bad I had forgotten that Niall was not the kind of guy to just ditch me after getting me pregnant. He loved me.

"Well, let's get you an appointment then."

"So you're really okay with this? You're not even the slightest bit mad 'cause if you are tell me now. I don't handle people I love being mad at me."

"Well, I was at first but then I thought about how much I love you and how much I would love that freaking baby. I mean yeah, we are young and everything but that just means we get more time together." His words brought the biggest smile to my face.

"I love you so freaking much, you know that?" I say, unable to keep the tears of happiness the spilled down my cheeks. I heard him chuckle.

"I love you too."

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

(Authors Note)

Awwww! Niall is just the greatest isn't he?

Vote

Comment

Share!(: