•Chrysanthemums•

Disappointed but not surprised. My Bud™ gave me the idea for this one because they high-key ship Jally, (E X P O S E D) so here you go. I hope it fulfills your fantasies.

《¤》

chry·san·the·mum

noun

A plant of the daisy family with brightly colored ornamental flowers, existing in many cultivated varieties.

Dallas's P.O.V.

  We were sitting in the middle of a field, the evening sun casting golden light over Johnny and I. It was quite beautiful actually, but of course I wouldn't say anything, it would ruin my 'tuff-ness'.

  I admired Johnny as he sat facing me as I smoked, him criss-crossed and I was on my back. He had his attention focused on cutting the small, yellow flowers from the ground with his switchblade, gathering them in a small pile. The glow from the sun complimented his soft features.

  He looked up from the pile of flowers and I turned my head to look at him. Johnny had picked up the flowers and reached for me. I shuffled over a bit and he started placing the flowers in my hair.

  "What are you doin', Johnnycakes?" I asked, looking into his dark eyes.

  "Puttin' flowers in your hair," he said softly and continued to gently tuck them in my hair, "Your hair is soft, Dally. Now, sit up."

  I pushed myself upright and tucked my legs up how Johnny had them. I playfully glared at him, "The gang better not hear about this or-"

  "Shh, Dally. I need to finish this," he put his focus back to the flowers that he transformed from a pile to a ring of braided flowers.

  He gently placed it on top of my head and he smiled, "I love chrysanthemums."

  I quirked an eyebrow, "Chris-a what?"

  "Oh, Dally," he laughed, "that's the name of the flowers, silly! And they look real good in your hair."

  My cheeks heated up, "Oh, uh, well, thanks, Johnnycakes, I guess."

  I lightly touched the flowers, or chrysanthemums, in my hair and pulled one of the looser buds out. Johnny started to protest until I shushed him and tucked the blossom over his ear.

  He looked at me and beamed. And I, the tough hood, Dallas Winston, smiled back.