Chapter Three: The Date

When Eve woke up on that Saturday morning she had never been happier. She was actually going on a date with a cute guy. She contained her squeals as she got dressed for the date.

            She arrived a couple minutes early and stood patiently in front of the movie theater waiting. She checked her watch before feeling a tap on her shoulder.

            “Hey Eve.” Connor grinned at her as she turned around.

            “Hey, you scared me.” She playfully pushed him before he led her inside.

            They were seeing a simple comedy and Connor chose seats in the back. Connor sat in the aisle seat and Eve took her place next to him. Once the lights dimmed Eve felt Connor slide his arm around her seat, and Eve scooted closer to him as discreetly as she could. This earned her a low chuckle from him and she felt his hand drop to her shoulder, pulling her closer to him.

            Eve tried to focus on the movie, but it was hard when Connor’s hand kept trying to move down her arm. She shifted forcibly moving his hand upwards, but he didn’t seem to get the message. She turned her face up towards him, lips parted to tell him that she didn’t want to rush things, when he kissed her.

            It was a gentle but firm kiss, and Eve found her lips moving against his willingly. Her eyes were shut and she leaned closer needing more. Then he placed his hand on her breast and Eve jerked back in surprise.

            “Connor I…” Eve’s words were cut off when Connor kissed her again a bit more roughly this time and she felt him close his hand around her breast, squeezing it gently. Eve felt her blush darken and she tried to pull away only to have Connor’s tongue pushed into her mouth. She placed both of her hands on his chest pushing her back.

            “Connor. I don’t want to rush things.” Eve hugged her arms around her staring over at him and at first his face was contorted in rage before he exhaled softly and smiled at her.

            “Oh sorry, I don’t know what came over me. We can take things slow.” Connor slid his arm back around her body, pulling her to him.

            They finished the movie in silence, and once they walked out Connor stared down at her, gently brushing his thumb against her cheek. His eyes were searching hers, asking for permission and she nodded.

            There they kissed, outside the movie theater. Eve turned to go and Connor turned, walked behind the building before peeking out around the corner making sure Eve was gone. He strode to the front of the theater waiting.

***

            Eve skipped home, giggling. However her giggles stopped once she got closer to the house.

            “SHE ISN’T YOUR DAUGHTER! YOU LEFT!” This was her mother’s voice and Eve hid behind a tree peering around it at her house.

            “YOU FORCED ME TO! I LOVE HER!  SHE’S MINE AND YOU’RE A FUCKING WHORE! SHE’S COMING TO LIVE WITH ME!”

            “YOU’RE DRUNK AND NO YOU ARE NOT SEEING HER!” A man was shoved outside by Eve’s mother, and Eve quickly ducked behind the tree. She peeked out again to see a man with black hair, and dark brown eyes. He was stumbling around and Eve crept around the house, before going in through the back door.

            She walked into the house to find her mother sobbing on the floor. Eve kneeled over her, brushing her dark brown hair back and slowly helping her up. Her mother’s blue eyes studied Eve’s hazel ones.