So dead

Varen’s POV

I knew that I should have revealed myself the moment I saw her. It hurt not to be able to talk to her and always watch her from afar. She was my best friend, the only person I could confide in. The only other person who actually cared for me at one point turned out to be the enemy. But I couldn’t think about that now.

She looked stunning as she lay next to me, the moonlight softly illuminating her. It was hard to believe that I left her that one time so long ago. I kept telling myself that I had to but inside I knew I didn’t. Maine was just all a trick from heaven to get me to leave Leilah and leave her weak.

I know it seems twisted that heaven is the bad guy and in reality hell is good. Humans don’t seem to grasp that idea. They only see the illusions that heaven wants them to see. That heaven is perfect and same for everyone. Truth is it’s not. This is where hell comes in. We try to make you start with a hell, everything is wrong; you have to deal with the bad that comes with life. Then once you reach your point you gain happiness and make your own heaven. Its like Muse’s song “Uprising.”

Interchanging mind control

Come let the revolution, take its toll

If you could, flick a switch and open your third eye

You’d see that, we should never be afraid to die

(So come on)

Rise up and take the power back

It’s time the fat cats had a heart attack

You know that their times coming to an end

We have to, unify and watch our flag ascend

(So come on)

I could listen to that song on repeat all day. It’s basically our anthem. A true warrior from our side wrote this song and made it big in the human world. He had this spontaneous idea of making people see reality with something they treasured, music.

            My thoughts interrupted as Leilah stirred in bed and suddenly jumped out of bed fell on the floor. I laughed so hard my sides hurt. “Am I really that scary?” She looked up at me with surprise and said, “We never speak of it Varen.” She got up and walked over to her iPod dock and pressed play. Some MCR started playing, I head banged and she sang hitting every note.

“Damn girl, why don’t you just try out to replace Gerard when he’s dead?”

“Uuuhh, cause that guy is mother effin sexy as hell and I’m not.”

“Wait even sexier than me?”