IV.

"At a young age, briefly, he had the radiance of sunrise. In his adolescence, that radiance of the sun had set. In his twenties, he has melancholic brilliance of the moon."

Chris woke up and felt the right side of his bed grasping cold sheets

Chris woke up and felt the right side of his bed grasping cold sheets. He frowned before the sounds of food being cooked in his kitchen were heard. He was happy she stayed because he knew after having sex with her he wanted her company in the morning. Last night was completely unexpected. It had been a while since he experienced comfort, warmth, and peace. A very long time.

Being with her, inside her, all over her brought him emotions he never experienced before, and he wanted to hold onto it as long as he could. He slept great––– his insomnia not being a factor. Her body pressed against him instantly silenced his paranoia, and those midnight thoughts he routinely went through, it was ironic to him how just when he gave up on what he'd been wanting so bad, it finally came.

He laid peacefully while her arms were securely around his waist, her warm body being his security blanket. Her legs tangled with his. His appetency for her scent; it was a mixture of his, hers, and sweat. She was all funky and warm. It used to be a constant thought in his head, and now he finally got it.

Sighing happily he sat up feeling his glasses weren't on his face. His eyebrows furrowed, and sheer panic crept on his spine. His glasses shielded him from wandering eyes and pity, but his cane garnered those feelings from people regardless. He hated feelings because he didn't like temporary things and feelings were definitely transitory, and he wasn't a transient. He wasn't a person that believed in forever either.

He felt around for his glasses before sensing her presence enter his bedroom. "Good morning," She said softly, and he smiled.

"Good morning, you know where my glasses are?"

"Oh, I put them on the nightstand," she paused keeping her eyes closed. Reopening them when she felt it was safe too. "Was I not supposed to do that?"

"I always keep my glasses on around company, it makes me more comfortable that way. No need to be nervous, I'm not mad."

"I didn't look for the record. I didn't want to betray your trust."

He smiled warmly. "I appreciate that, beautiful. Really though, I'm fine. We're fine."

"Why do you keep them on if you don't mind me askin'?"

"I'll tell you after breakfast."

Robyn left to the kitchen while he used his cane to go up the stairs to his bathroom that was next to his bed. After Chris did his morning hygiene routine, he joined Robyn in his kitchen, sitting at the island next to her. His plate was made and set in front of him, and he took in the ambrosial scent of the food before smiling in her direction. "Thank you," doing what he felt was right, he leaned over and kissed her before saying grace and eating.