XIII.

"It's been so perfect—– you and I. So like a dream that I'd long for and never thought I'd find." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Since that fateful night when they lived through his nightmare, Chris seemed to be getting better, his attitude improved tremendously after deciding to return to therapy. He saw a therapist three times a week to help him cope with the recurrence of his nightmares, and it seemed to be working. It was a day by day process, but Robyn was patient and did everything possible to ensure he knew he wasn't alone. She attended the therapy sessions required and educated herself on PTSD; the causes of it, the effects, and how to help people diagnosed with it. It didn't go unnoticed because Chris expressed his gratitude for her continuous support. There was so much intimacy in understanding. Someone who didn't understand would not know how to love because they'd be incapable of loving. Robyn made an effort to understand—– not treating him according to what she witnessed in the past. He never thought he would feel happiness like this, but here it was blossoming in his life.

Chris and Robyn were on the set for her new fragrance Rouge Man––– him being the epitome of the name and the scent. She always wanted to make a male fragrance that was inherently mysterious, masculine, and sexy. Throughout the seductive tension, it would be soft––– velvet blended with strength. Chris definitely was her definition for all of that.

The set translated everything the cologne embodied; black and metallic silver setting with glass frames everywhere. This was to make Chris feel right at home, and he seemed to very well be. He wasn't shy in front of the camera, but all of his photoshoots were done with either his eyes closed, his head down, or his glasses on never allowing the public to see his eyes. She didn't even have the luxury of seeing them, but it mattered to her none because she got let inside his heart and that's all she needed.

Waiting for Chris's arrival, she talked to the photographer about the different poses they would be doing dressed simply in a short silver silk nightgown. Chris walked on set shirtless, wearing black slacks, and silver oxford loafers. His freshly grown hair dyed blonde to match his girlfriend's for the photo shoot with his infamous black sunglasses.

When she mentioned making a cologne just for him, he laughed. He knew she was serious, but he would've never thought she would design something special just for him. He allowed her to have full creative control since she knew him well. When the samples were complete, he smelled each one and chose the cologne with the irresistible contrast between citrus and spicy black pepper, with the soft velvet florals that drew him in, Rogue Man.

Walking on the set, he was timid thinking about showing her his eyes. She never asked him, which is why he felt it was necessary to do so. He just prayed she didn't find him less attractive after. "Coco,"

Robyn turned at the sound of his voice and smiled. Meeting him halfway, she ran her hand through his blonde curls. She had to admit it came out great as she expected, but she did miss his hair being black.

"I've been thinking," he paused loving the feel of her hand massaging his head. "I want to take my glasses off for you."

"Baby, you don't have to. I don't mind honestly, but only if you're comfortable."

"I want to." In a way, he needed to. Nobody other than Big Pat ever saw his eyes. It was about trust––– his eyes were a sensitive subject, so it may have been minor to some, but it was major for him. Slowly, his glasses came off, and once he heard her gasp, his insecurities rose instantly. Quickly he put them on before turning away.

"Chris, don't do that. Don't turn away from me."

"You're not scared? People used to tell me my eyes were scary, so I should keep them closed. It's why nobody wanted to hire me other than the obvious reason. That's why I started wearing shades so I wouldn't scare anyone."