Chapter 10

Steve picks Tony up and slings him over his shoulder in a fireman's lift as he jerks his head for Howard and Maria to follow him. "I must warn you, there is someone here you may not enjoy seeing but he is rehabilitated and is completely safe to be around," Steve says as he carries Tony into the common room and gently lays him on the couch. Little by little, the Avengers all files into the common room quietly and watch as Steve, Howard, and Maria starts trying to wake Tony up.

A choking sound from behind everyone causes everyone to turn and watch as Bucky hit his knees. "S-Steve what-" Bucky gasps before a panic attack hit him full force. "Shhh. Hey, look at me, Bucky. It's ok, they're here to help." Steve says as he runs over and hugs Bucky to him. The rest of the Avengers looks on in silence as Bucky begins to sob quietly and Tony wakes up on the couch and frowns, "Fuck, I gotta lay off the sauce. Had the weirdest...fucking...Barnes, you ok there buddy?" Tony asks as he realizes that Bucky is sobbing. Another strangled choking sound comes from Bucky's throat as he raises a shaking hand and points behind Tony.

"It wasn't a dream was it?" Tony asks quietly refusing to turn around as what little color he'd regained left him. Bucky whimpers as Steve hefts him up to his feet and carries him out of the room as Tony finally gets the courage to turn around and face his parents. "W-W-Wha..." He manages before breaking down and hugging his mother like his life depends on it. "Shhhh. It's alright, Anthony." Maria says quietly as she rubs his back soothingly. "Mama!" He sobs as he lays his head on her shoulder.

"And you thought that he'd be mad at us," Howard says chuckling as Fury comes walking in and stops dead. "Nick Fury, it's been ages. How have you been?" Howard asks as he walks forward a bit extending his hand. "I've been well. Can someone tell me why Stark's parents are here?" Fury says without preamble. "That's...uh..." Natasha began. "Uhhh..." Sam sats shifting uncomfortably on the spot. "That would be my doing, Director," Steve says from directly behind him causing Fury to spin on the spot and face him. "Your doing, Captain Rogers?" Fury says with a look of shock on his face as Howard and Maria look at each other confused. "Yes, sir. I believed that this would help Stark in regards to finding (Y/F/N)." Steve says quietly.

"(Y/F/N)? Who is (Y/F/N) and what's happened to her?" Maria says as she continues to console her son. "She's the love of my life, Mom. She's beautiful and stubborn and so smart it hurts sometimes." Tony gushes as he begins singing praises about you to his mother causing his father to grin. "What on earth are you grinning for, Howie?" Maria asks looking at him as though he'd lost his mind. "Oh, no real reason. Tony just reminded me of something I said about a certain lady of mine to my parents a long time ago." Howard says as he wraps an arm around Maria's shoulder which causes Tony to start sobbing again and wrap his arms around Howard.

"Love you Dad." Tony sobs against his father's chest. "I love you too, son. But, we need to find your (Y/F/N) and bring her home." Howard says as he gently hugs Tony back. Tony wipes his eyes and grabs a tissue from a box on the table in front of the couch and blows his nose then nods and says, "Mom, Dad...follow me. I'll give you the grand tour of Stark Industries on the way to my lab."